Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Rescheduled gigs for Felt Mountain 20th anniversary tour
  • 86 Comments sorted by
  • New gig dates have started to appear. It looks like they have just been moved forward a complete year to roughly the same time in 2022. 3 new dates as well. See link in next post.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2021-03-04 05:33:53
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • New gig dates have started to appear. It looks like they have just been moved forward a complete year to roughly the same time in 2022. 3 new dates as well. See link in next post.

As gutted as i am that it's been re-scheduled i'm actually happy because one of the new dates that's been added is in Nottingham. So no huge faff having to get all the way to Birmingham as it's now right on my front door step :)

I'm needing some advise, do i cancel my gig tickets for birmingham now and wait until the 10th to purchase tickets for Nottingham OR keep hold of them until i have tickets for Nottingham, OR... see if there's a way of rebooking for Notts using my current tickets via the booking office (who's number i've yet to get)

I don't go to many gigs as you can see! :p

• A bird in the hand as they say Cookie. Keep the Birmingham one for now until you get the Notts one (I doubt you will be able to swap them but getting a refund is always an option when they reschedule a gig. 
    Notts is @HellsBells territory!
  • That should be @Hells_Bells
  • Part of me wonders what with the delay on the tour until next year they'll hold off on releasing any new material until after the Felt Mountain tour has finished??? :/
  • Part of me wonders what with the delay on the tour until next year they'll hold off on releasing any new material until after the Felt Mountain tour has finished??? :/

Sadly it seems that way, mostly because it seems like Alison is only really starting to write/record new music now. I don't think anything solid is in the works. It makes me wonder if the pandemic never happened and she never caught the damn virus would we be well on our way to album 8? Speculation...

• Low said:

Part of me wonders what with the delay on the tour until next year they'll hold off on releasing any new material until after the Felt Mountain tour has finished??? :/

Sadly it seems that way, mostly because it seems like Alison is only really starting to write/record new music now. I don't think anything solid is in the works. It makes me wonder if the pandemic never happened and she never caught the damn virus would we be well on our way to album 8? Speculation...

i does make me wonder (and slightly worry) if she's had any lasting effects from catching the virus. hopefully not!
  • She did say in something last week about it being great to be singing again.
  • I do wish there was at least a tease of a US leg. I can be kept interested with some teasing. ;)
  • Does anyone know if these gigs will be primarily sat or standing gigs? or does it depend on the venue?

Last frapp gig I went to it was totally standing, but that was for silver eye, so it was a lot more dancy and energetic, whereas for felt mountain it's more slowy so i was wondering if it would be more sitty? i never got chance to see their tales of us live performances but from footage I've seen they all seemed like sit down gigs too?
  • We are sitting at the RFH but we are standing at the de la Warr Pavilion & at Cambridge (which will please the Mrs no end - not)!
  • Got 3 Tix for Oxford, if any one needs a tix ..face value, PM me if intrested.
  • I’m hoping those who are there can provide some review tomorrow? :)
  • It was great. Not ending a gig on strict machine tho leaves me craving more. Seventh tree got a good play with 4 songs and great to hear hairy trees live. Alison stated it’s never been played before, she must have forgotten they released a live version on a single hah

Ending the main set with you never know felt odd given the other deep cuts would have been nice to trade that for a different supernature song
    Post edited by aaronnnx at 2022-03-31 16:52:05
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!