Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Rescheduled gigs for Felt Mountain 20th anniversary tour
  • 86 Comments sorted by
  • The roll out of the vaccine is this Govt’s one chance to pull the fat out of the fire, and when you think about it, as everything they have done has been predicated on keeping the tills ringing, & their mates & donors (and their own) fortunes ticking up, getting people vaccinated as quickly as possible would serve that purpose adequately.
    Unfortunately, they are so inept & completely bereft of intelligence, you just know they will try & monetise this as well & fuck it up !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The roll out of the vaccine is this Govt’s one chance to pull the fat out of the fire, and when you think about it, as everything they have done has been predicated on keeping the tills ringing, & their mates & donors (and their own) fortunes ticking up, getting people vaccinated as quickly as possible would serve that purpose adequately.

Unfortunately, they are so inept & completely bereft of intelligence, you just know they will try & monetise this as well & fuck it up !

According to the most optimistic view, the first round of initial jabs would be done for health and care workers (possibly including teachers) and the extremely vulnerable by mid Feb. But thats on the basis that the second jab is delayed to mid-May.

Speaking of jobs for the boys, the new Chairman of the BBC is a former director of bankers Goldman Sachs  and "oversaw" Rishi Sunak, during the now Chancellor’s early career in the finance industry. Oh, and he's donated over £400k to the Tory Party since 2001. This follows last September's appointment of Tim Davie as the corporation’s new Director General. Davie stood as a councillor for the Conservative Party in
    1993 and 1994, and was deputy chairman of the Hammersmith and Fulham
    Conservatives in the 1990s.

The Tories are not even bothering to conceal their corrupt approach to government
  • I feel like this may turn into some kind of live event where you watch from your TV at home. April seems incredibly close and i think the UK isn't coming out of lockdown until March... :/
  • well i have had the virus and still off work since xmas, so really i dont feel like these gig will go ahead, and at this point i have 3 tix for these gigs, and the way i feel just now, i aint going.
  • We were due to see the Stranglers on the 12th April, which is after the dates of the rescheduled Frapp gigs, and it has just been postponed until 2022 so the chance of the Frapp gigs going on in early April is, sadly, unlikely.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery nuwebb!
  • Have a gig at the end of March for The Slow Readers Club in Edinburgh, just been postponed to September 2021, so I think its only a matter of time before this gets rescheduled. Just wish we knew what and when. 

• When it does, I hope it’s not to the last week of September/first week of October because we are due to be in New England on a Falls colour holiday which was postponed from 2020. Obviously the USA has a long way to go before we could even consider making that trip but that is not a conflict that I’m happy to contemplate!
    Common sense says a delay to 2022 & perhaps a webcast at some point in the Autumn as they did from Air Studios & Tales of Us? 
  • Looks like 2022. :( And to think, artists last year were rescheduling their postponed gigs to the Autumn of 2020! Seems so overly optimistic with hindsight.

• my Nick Mason gig at the Royal Albert Hall, has been moved again till April 2022, so i would deffo say the Frapp gigs will not go ahead this year.
  • nuwebb said:

my Nick Mason gig at the Royal Albert Hall, has been moved again till April 2022, so i would deffo say the Frapp gigs will not go ahead this year.

I'm going to wait for some kind of official confirmation, but i'm certain these will be cancelled and some kind of alternative will happen instead. Hope you're feeling a little better now @Nuwebb?
  • nuwebb said:

my Nick Mason gig at the Royal Albert Hall, has been moved again till April 2022, so i would deffo say the Frapp gigs will not go ahead this year.

I'm going to wait for some kind of official confirmation, but i'm certain these will be cancelled and some kind of alternative will happen instead. Hope you're feeling a little better now @Nuwebb?
    Been a long road back to recovery, still have another week of my doctors note to go, got voice back, coughing going, but boy it knocks you sideways,been 6 weeks so far,  but it could have been worse, all those poor people that lost thier live to this horrible illness, and thanks for asking after me, means alot..
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2021-02-07 06:55:33
  • Glad you are getting better @Nuwebb
    Horrible illness which is deliberately being downplayed by many idiots. Lisa (wife) is one of the CEV category due to kidney stones so she’s been shielding & hasn’t been out for over 4 months. She has her first vaccine next Tuesday. A week tomorrow marks the anniversary of the last gig we attended. We normally do about 12 a year. 
  • Just noticed on the Goldfrapp site that all of the gigs are now showing as ‘Postponed’. The two festivals at Leopalooza and Valley Fest are still showing as tickets available. Anyone have any other updates?
  • I’ve seen nothing as yet. I would imagine there is a reluctance to commit to a date at the moment as a lot is in flux (we are at a pivotal point as they say), but it would be nice to have something official saying that obviously the early April dates will not be going ahead (which they can’t under the current ‘route out of lockdown’ timescales) & just say watch this space for updates as to new dates.
  • No idea whats going on but the Edinburgh date is still March this year, but the Suede one that was in April has now been moved to November, so maybe an update will be soon, especially for people having to travel and book accommodation. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!