Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Covid 19
  • So guys and girls, with the latest from Boris this afternoon, will the Gigs that are coimig up, still go ahead i wonder !
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • I’m guessing none now sadly. Rescheduled for
    Later this year hopefully, maybe when the FM reissue is released? Is that a no it autumn time?
  • I work with schools so I'll be dead by next week anyway if twitter is to be believed. Also hello, been a while :)>-
  • I'll be going to Edinburgh, however I doubt very much it'll be going ahead.  Even if it's seems somewhat okay right now for the gig, the way things are going I reckon by the 27th things will be even worse.

I don't hold out much hope sadly :(
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Hi Steve, hope all is well with your good self.
  • Not too bad thanks, yknow all this end of days stuff aside! Hope all's good with you too :)

Gaelen said:

I'll be going to Edinburgh, however I doubt very much it'll be going ahead.  Even if it's seems somewhat okay right now for the gig, the way things are going I reckon by the 27th things will be even worse.

I don't hold out much hope sadly :(

I'm Edinburgh too, I've been keeping an eye on the Usher Hall pages, they seem to be communicating a lot. They have this list on their site with cancelled/rescheduled events but Frapp aren't on there yet - http://www.usherhall.co.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-update-audiences-and-visitors
  • it's looking likely the Birmingham gig will be cancelled/rescheduled.

I'm kind of happy actually, i don't think id be comfortable sitting around a large amount of people in an enclosed environment like that.

Obviously im super gutted i won't get to see them perform, but hopefully in the not too distant future i will again when everything is settled.
  • I've tweeted Goldfrapp and Manchester's Albert Hall to see if there's any information available.

It's really frustrating that there has been little information, or statement whether the gigs are going ahead or are to be rescheduled.  They probably don't know what to do for best as the Government are being their usual grey selves and as a vague as ever.

I think the gigs will be rescheduled to coincide with the re-release of the Felt Mountain Boxset in the autumn.
  • Just seen that Sage Gateshead has cancelled all gigs from today. was looking forward to gig on 26th. Schimmey
  • Wednesday 25th March - Manchester, Albert Hall
    VENUE CLOSED

Thursday 26th March - Gateshead, Sage
    VENUE CLOSED until further notice (Check their website)

Friday 27th March - Edinburgh, Usher Hall
    Usher Hall - Closes today (17th March) - some events cancelled already, nothing yet on Goldfrapp

Sunday 29th & Monday 30th March - London, Festival Hall
    VENUE CLOSED until further notice

Tuesday 31st March - Birmingham, Symphony Hall
    ANTICIPATES CLOSING SHORTLY - asking customers to keep checking their www

Wednesday 1st April - Bexhill-On-Sea, De La War Pavilion
    Remains open at the moment, but are currently re-scheduling gigs for this week.  Advised to monitor www.

Post edited by tomato23 at 2020-03-17 08:01:10
  • 02 Oxford Warm UP show not yet showing as closed!! Will be though. Hello everyone after a LOOOOOng absence. DC

Sophie_Banner
  • Nice to see all the boys and gals coming back to the yard, even if it’s not for milkshakes!
    Facebook is a cesspit of conspiracy theories and portents of doom so stay off it is my advice.
    This is a good source of reliable info and you can click on each country for a more in depth info. I believe the info comes from the WHO, and not the duplicitous, skanky charlatans we currently have in power lying their arses off!
    Look at the graphs for each country and ask ‘where are they projections of 250k dead coming from?’ There are currently only 185k total cases in the world and China, who are 3 weeks ahead of everyone else, appears to be flattening out.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well said UT :)
    I have been aghast (but not surprised) at this 'government's' ineptitude handling this crisis! The data is clear and they can see what happens from the countries that are weeks ahead of us! But they just think with their pockets, as usual. How to transfer the cost to the poor and keep the rich insulated!

In a side not, I am glad to see my SOPHIE banner is still working :)
    And that I could remember my very simple password.

Sophie_Banner
  • Puts it into perspective those Meters.
    People who died of hunger, TODAY!..17,500 when I looked at 13:48 
    Sophie_Banner
  • I just looked that up and it said on average, 98,630 people die of hunger every day in the world.
    36,000,000 a year. 
    Total deaths in the world so far (7 weeks) due to Covid-19, 7,513.
    Sobering.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • They should still tour, but tour not arenas but rooms, One
    performance from kitchen, other from bedroom,etc, etc. Then move to
    Will's house. Everyone wins

Post edited by LuDux at 2020-03-17 13:54:08
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!