Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain Re-Issue Wishlist...?
  • Very excited for this later this year. What would we all fancy?

4 discs would be perfect for me:

Disc 1: FM remastered
    Disc 2: Single versions/edits/b sides etc
    Disc3: All unreleased material:

Acoustic versions/demo disc/etc

Disc 4: Live! The instrument gig which was recorded, plus obviously the live versions of Little Death and Fondue Knights

Box set with a lovely book full of images/lyrics etc

Digital release could have all the remixes on it.

What are you guys thinking/wishing?

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • Sounds good to me, Pineapple :)
  • I can’t remember where a re-issue was announced. Is this following on from last years Black Cherry release?
    There was an extended CD of FM which I have, so at least that on vinyl.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • All I hope for is some unreleased studio tracks, whether it be b-sides, or studio recordings of "Fondue Knight"/"Sartorius"/"Little Death". Please give us something we don't already have... maybe I'm bitter because we didn't get anything extra from the silver eye album
  • I really don’t think there’s any unreleased studio tracks, but I’ve always been puzzled by what was written on the walls in the film ‘a trip to felt mountain’, I’ll see if I can get a screenshot

No studio versions currently exist for those 3 tracks so I’m hoping a HQ version of FK exists

There’s at least some cool alternate versions they could put on it, I love the radio remix of Human for example
  • I’m not sure how to post a picture, but in that documentary theres 3 pieces of paper with the album songs in, with “naturist” and another really long song title I can’t make out....maybe these just evolved into other songs/titles changed
  • I would dearly love a good (piano?) score of FM. It's a shame this seems never to have been considered, though GF are no different from other bands in this. 
  • My original CD Felt Mountain Special Edition had a 2nd disc with 
    Pilots (on a star)
    U.K. Girls (physical)
    Lovely Head (Miss World mix)
    Utopia (New Ears mix)
    Human (Calexico vocals
    Human Masseys Cro. Mignon mix
    Utopia Tom Middleton’s Cosmos vocal mix
    And Visual Content A Trip to Felt Mountain (PC & Mac compatible) 
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hello everyone ! Thanks UT for letting me in ! 

Looking for infos about the tour this morning on the Man Albert Hall website and found this:

"A remastered deluxe edition of Felt Mountain will follow in autumn 2020 on Mute / BMG and will be released on double CD, coloured vinyl and as a deluxe box set. Originally released by Mute in September 2000, the album includes the singles ‘Lovely Head’, ‘Utopia’, ’Human’ and ‘Pilots’ and the reissue will feature remastered audio, unreleased material, b-sides, rarities, remixes as well as newly written sleeve notes and rare images."

Seems promising !! 

• Can’t wait to see what the unreleased material is!
  • old news that....lol
  • nuwebb said:

old news that....lol

As the oracle when it comes to collecting nuwebb, do you know of any unreleased FM stuff? Other than the work in progress CD maybe?
  • nope in 20 years of collecting their stuff
    that's the only FM thing i have found, but we will have to wait and see what
    they come up with... interesting times indeed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!