Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Theremagic
  • 23 Comments sorted by
  • SPELLBOUND (*)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • We watched Spellbound at the weekend. Catherine has only seen two Hitchcocks and I’m a huge fan, so I’m on a mission to collect and watch as many as I can. Got about twenty to date. Can’t seem to get Suspicion on DVD anywhere.
    What’s your favourite HC?
  • The Birds. Ona trip to California a few years ago, we hired a car and drove out of San Francisco over the GG Bridge to do a tour of the Napa Valley and up to Yosemite and we stopped at Bodega Bay where they filmed The Birds and visited the School House and various sites of scenes in the movie.
    I also like Rear Window, North by North West & Vertigo but, tbh, there isn’t a bad one among them!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Notorious. Hitchcock’s cameo at 1:04:35, swigging the champagne.
    U R I E L
  • I like Notorious because it’s a consideration of what happens when a woman’s sexual history frames the totality of her identity. I also like it because it’s true- the Nazi’s did flee to Argentina and Brazil and set up camp there. But most of all I like it because it’s a romance- a twisted jealous romance. Love and the fear of being burned by love at the same time.

Do you have a favourite Hitchcock Kat?
    U R I E L
  • Got to work through a few of the lesser known ones which I’ve kind of forgotten to be honest. To this point it used to be The Man Who Knew Too Much. But I’ll probably change my mind again.
  • Guess who

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!