Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ponygurl said:

Hiya @Hells! This is gonna sound nutz (what else is new) but I was listening to Spotify Radio last week and this new song popped on that I liked. I looked and it was Anna Calvi- I immediately thought of you! Good song, it's kinda Polly Jean Harveyish. Hope you've been well!

Hey PG how you doing? Long time no speak
    Yes this track is from Anna’s recently released third album. Musically just like the previous two albums which is no bad thing at all. Visually she’s turned into a right vamp lol
  • Finally tracked this down. This is what our little band of rebels used to listen to when we slipped through the school fence during games lessons  and went to Boz's house to play cards. Haven't heard it since then....

• PS Good to see you here, HB x
  • Ponygurl said:

Hiya @Hells! This is gonna sound nutz (what else is new) but I was listening to Spotify Radio last week and this new song popped on that I liked. I looked and it was Anna Calvi- I immediately thought of you! Good song, it's kinda Polly Jean Harveyish. Hope you've been well!

Hey PG how you doing? Long time no speak
    Yes this track is from Anna’s recently released third album. Musically just like the previous two albums which is no bad thing at all. Visually she’s turned into a right vamp lol

I was thinking she looked a bit like Dr. Frank N Furter myself, lol..vamp indeed. I really love the ideas she presents on Hunter. In an interview she said she wanted to explore gender as a spectrum, and the alpha female. She remarked how so much of the female artistic voice had been lost throughout history. Really fascinating themes.. and she has such a soft, demure speaking voice- it brings out my alpha, lol.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-10-01 11:55:44
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • A L P H A

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• Post edited by LuDux at 2018-10-13 09:40:03
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I've been watching Killing Eve ... :D :D :D

• Listening to this again recently, I realised how chilling are the lines, "Here come the planes/They're American planes..."

• And this - bastardised into a cheap commercial it's barely worth a listen. But the original, live, is sublime

• Album creates somewhat strange mood for me

• I would love to go to GF gig where Angie plays some boogie-woogie

• I was reminded of this little gem earlier, now can't stop listening to it :)

Post edited by MonsterLove at 2018-11-15 07:37:56
  • ToU

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!