Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Cockiness remix. Someone could really work the pole nice and slow to this :)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Post edited by LuDux at 2018-08-28 17:47:09
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Phantogram- you're mine.

U R I E L
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • It's raining outside, so decided to watch some old Roman Polanski clips. This is a good one-

Edit: Apparently Roman raped many children, not just the one case that made the news. It makes you wonder about some artists and the real-life crimes they commit. It makes you wonder about separating the artist from the actual person. It is possible to condemn a person for their crimes and still like the art they produced. What gets me is how some will defend the real-life crimes of an artist, just because they enjoy their work.

*talk show host Larry King had made a statement about Polanski himself arranging for Sharon Tate's murder. After all, he personally knew Sharon.

(After the success of the fictional Rosemary's baby, had it been played out in real life? Who really knows-
    Death visits everyone though, and I'm sure it will be a revelation for him.)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-09-05 04:44:12
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

....Apparently Roman raped many children, not just the one case that made the news. It makes you wonder about some artists and the real-life crimes they commit. It makes you wonder about separating the artist from the actual person. It is possible to condemn a person for their crimes and still like the art they produced....

I'm sure it is, but there are some people whose crimes are just too heinous to see past. For me, Polanski is one of them - and I can never watch anything of Woody Allen's without reading what one now knows about his personal life into it.

Meanwhile - every day is a good day for a bit of Gong 
  • @whispered I've never heard of Gong. That's one slinky, psychedelic jam there. :D

Yes, I see all these sex offenders in the Film industry differently too. Truly disgusting.

Tarantino made a film in relation to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate. I just hope he read the trial transcript beforehand. Charles Manson knew Polanski lived there. Altobelli (the owner of the house on Cielo Dr.) had told him. Tarantino has in the past downplayed Polanski's crimes. He should've investigated Roman's possible role of director in Sharon's murder..but I doubt he did.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-09-08 18:02:20
    U R I E L
  • Both @Caromaple and I are both KT Tunstall fans and she has a new album coming out called Wax and from it is this rather groovy single and video called The River.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-09-12 16:52:28
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ive also been listening to Suspirium from Thom Yorke. Just ordered a double LP version on pink vinyl.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-09-12 16:56:27

• Album by French composer/producer heavily influenced by Pink Floyd
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

• Loving this new music from Neneh Cherry - Kong. So dreamy. It sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack of Luther which is no surprise as it is partly in collaboration with 3D from Massive Attack.

• Been listening to Interpol’a album Marauder quite a bit and it’s bloody fab
  • Hiya @Hells! This is gonna sound nutz (what else is new) but I was listening to Spotify Radio last week and this new song popped on that I liked. I looked and it was Anna Calvi- I immediately thought of you! Good song, it's kinda Polly Jean Harveyish. Hope you've been well!

U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!