Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Facebook Live
  • 52 Comments sorted by
  • There was another FB live thingy a couple days ago. Alison her usual charming & funny self.

Those lucky buggers that got a mention / question-read - and who were/are on the GMB/Forum...

Alice La Trobe, Bethan Duncalf, Kate Gordon, Laura Chatburn, Caro Maple, Layla Holzer 

She certainly responds to the girls. Guys don't get a look in.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • There was another FB live thingy a couple days ago. Alison her usual charming & funny self.

Those lucky buggers that got a mention / question-read - and who were/are on the GMB/Forum...

Alice La Trobe, Bethan Duncalf, Kate Gordon, Laura Chatburn, Caro Maple, Layla Holzer 

the guys just asked crap questions. lol.

one bloke kept asking her about being drunk or high etc... absolute crap.

the guys just asked crap questions. lol.

one bloke kept asking her about being drunk or high etc... absolute crap.

She read out my comment at the end and said she was glad to hear that I saw SE as a 'shamanic journey'. (I know I said this already, but hell, it's never gonna happen again, so I'm gonna make the most of it....!)  
  • Did you post the question to her as Whispered, Whispered?
  • I asked her if she found her voice has changed over time, which she sort of answered but not in my question but one from one of the girls about what was the most difficult to sing, to which she replied Utopia as 'your voice deepens as you get older which is why I've used a recording on stage for the first section of Utopia when performing it live over the last few years'.
  • Which is interesting as when I've seen her perform it recently, last time at the Roxy in Prague last year, (they substituted it for Zodiac Black at my last gig with them at Brixton) she has the recording of the operatic part at the start ((over which she sings 'It's a strange day, no colours or shapes') but at the end, she still did the operatic part, and the notes in the end section are just as high as those at the start.
    They usually do Utopia at the start of the gig so I wonder if it is because it would be difficult to jump straight in at the very start of the gig and sing those notes but, by the end of the song, her voice has warmed up enough?
    Many years ago, when I saw them, she would do the operatic part at the start, then do the 'It's a strange day' bit seperatley, then the rest of the song.
    That's the type of question I would like to ask. In the recent Facebook thing I also asked about the dropped bar between the verse and chorus in the Dave Gahn version of Ocean, but not answered.
  • I enjoyed the talk about the horse costume. I asked the question about where inspiration came to use a strap on for a horse tail. I asked that before she told the story, and she read my question about 10mins later so she must have had a delay of messages coming through
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!