Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp/Dave Gahan collaboration on "Ocean"
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • I love it! :D
  • The video was on YouTube but got pulled for copyright infringement.
    Alision tweeted this link to it on Apple Music to watch.
    https://t.co/1hfzcguDo1
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • maybe their deluxe edition is to get out of their deal with mute and they are going to go with apple music for their next venture... could be
  • maybe their deluxe edition is to get out of their deal with mute and they are going to go with apple music for their next venture... could be

Oh God. I really hope that's not the case.

you can say goodbye to any future special physical releases if they signed with apple.
  • Doubt it. Their relationship with Mute still seems strong and they changed deals just before TOU and this didn't change the arrangement with Mute.
  • Now I've heard the track in association with the video, I think it works better. The visuals are lovely and Alison's vocals appear to be more noticeable, but this may be because you can see her.
    Would like to see the original track set to a video like this but overall, it's a yes from me!
  • Not sure why they'd leave Mute, or be dropped. They're nowhere near their peak sales, but they still chart reasonably well with their albums, especially for an indie like Mute. Comparable to other veteran acts, definitely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!