Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp/Dave Gahan collaboration on "Ocean"
  • Announced on both Goldfrapp and Depeche Mode Instagrams today.

No doubt someone with an Instagram account can post the details.

In more speculative news,

Image may contain: text

• 22 Comments sorted by
  • Goldfrahn!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Gahfrapp
    Post edited by LuDux at 2018-05-20 13:59:00
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Well, I've just heard the Goldfrapp/Gahan collaboration Ocean on 6 Music and I have to say that Dave is very forward in the mix. Someone with me said it sounded more like a Gahan cover with Alison on BV's rather than a remix or collaboration. Need to hear it again on a bigger system than a radio.
    Deluxe addition of Silver Eye out on the 1st July with a second disc of remixes.
  • The audio only is on Youtube. I'm surprised that it isn't a more radical remix - it simply seems like Dave Gahan singing the main vocal line

• Pee-Poo C'lector? Seriously, it kinda sounds like a guy singing along to the album at home.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-05-21 08:55:56
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Need to see the video as it may put the new vocals in context. When are we due to get that?
  • Sounds shit.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I like it :) looking forward to the video
  • Wonder what the perspective from the other side is - what do hardcore DM fans make of it?
  • Do they have a forum? Must do. Doesn't everybody?
  • They do and it looks as chaotic as here. It looks very old fashioned though, so here is not as bad as it could be.
    They like Ocean, as a track, and have been mentioning it since March. They refer to it as 'Dark Electronica' and think it has a DM feel. (Can't see it myself). Now there is a version with Dave Gahan on vocals, interest is rising.
    http://community.depechemode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38253&p=945734&hilit=Ocean#p945734
  • I've now listened on a bigger system in the studio and the song sounded better. Not brilliant and I still think Dave G's vocal is too forward in the parts where they sing together. It swamps Alison a bit.
    The most annoying thing though is that they have dropped a whole bar from the transition from the verses into the chorus section and my brain is running through the normal version in my head and the early transition into the chorus jars.
    Go listen. It happens the first time at about 42 seconds and then again in the same section towards the end.
  • Can’t wait to listen to this later. Dave Gahan has my favourite male voice of all time so it should be interesting . My ears are twitching but got to get going to work......laters!
  • Video only available on iTunes?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!