Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • I was listening to the Sisters from First Aid Kit over the weekend on BBC 6 Music, where they played music that had influenced them. They played this by Heart, as they were another Sister group, and I remembered that this was probably a transition track to me in liking female rock vocals. Kate Bush was another early step along that path but I remember liking Ann and Nancy Wilson's work back in the late 70's. Nancy was one of the original female rock guitarists, showing that the girls could stand toe to toe with the guys and Ann's vocals were just epic, soaring stuff. This is Crazy on you, live and that's Nancy doing the intro. She's just turned 20...

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-05-17 07:16:07
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Love this one. I saw them live a few years back. Ann's chops are almost as good as ever. Their entire encore was Led Zeppelin covers.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yeah. I got introduced by a friend who I gave a lift to college each day when I first started work a hundred and fifty years ago. It started off with Dream Boat Annie, which is a bit First Aid Kit, but, as you say, the Sisters were great exponents of their craft in Rock guitar and Vocals. Haven't had much to do with them for 30 years but heard them over the week end and went looking again. Ah, nostalgia!
    Nancy was voted 2nd in a top 10 of female guitarists a couple of years ago. She is fierce!
    Barracuda is another great track. This is from 2016. The Sisters are in their 60's. Great role models for getting old!
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Errr no mate.. YOU drove him away. He's doing fine thanks without you or your stupid baiting bullshit.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-05-21 02:17:38
  • Oh, burn!
  • Errr no mate.. YOU drove him away. He's doing fine thanks without you or your stupid baiting bullshit.

???
  • It was clear that he was mad at you, UT, but it was unclear why he was mad at you. I'd guess someone was giving him a good winding up behind the scenes.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-05-21 14:14:03
  • Little Boots - Nocturne
    Bass by our Charly
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • What was the name of that little Simon-like contraption that she used to sorta make music on?
  • iuventus said:

It was clear that he was mad at you, UT, but it was unclear why he was mad at you. I'd guess someone was giving him a good winding up behind the scenes.

Seems that way. 99% sure it was religion based but no-one dissed anyone's religion. The threads are still there so that can be checked.
    Don't want to rake it up again. Moving on !
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I could listen to this all day!

• I could listen to this all day!

oh yes! :D
  • Bang, Bang. (No, not the old classic..a new one)

Pretty bad-ass

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-06-14 04:34:40
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!