Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison's birthday 13th May
  • 96 Comments sorted by
  • This is so amazing!! What a fun experience this was you guys! We should definitely do something like this again next year!
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-05-13 14:41:14
  • We really made her day, and that got me through a tough fast food shift today, incidentally. 

Paying it forward, people! Lol.

She also interacted with me on Twitter for the first time ever, replying to my posts and liking things and whatnot. Thanking her for being such an uplifting inspiration over the years, and her actually seeing and liking it, really made my day. I just adore this sweet woman. God, I wish she lived down the street and we met for coffee or old movies once in a while. Just seems like the sort of person I'd have a great friendship and really connect with. 

Then I realize I'm in Ottawa, and thus, I cry. Lol

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-05-13 21:30:45
  • I know it could just be that "being local when local" effort that comes when touring, but I do feel she's on the cusp of moving to New York. I hope that this effort being organized by a NY resident (Julia) pushes her over the edge.

Stopping by a local Brooklyn grocer to run across Alison while picking peaches would put a smile on my face. Hell, if we could get Will over here and going to the same barber as Vince Clarke who knows what kind of collaboration they could strike up while waiting for Patrick Stewart to get out of the chair. :)
  • It's that time again.

After last year's success, people could repeat the donation to WildAid or to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, or else do something else. I gather that AG uses Instagram a lot, so that might be a good place to post greetings and donation news.

We also have the fanmail address now:

Fascination Management 

6 South Hill Park 

London, NW3 2SB

I understand that someone in the US is also considering putting together a booklet of birthday wishes.

• Ok. If anyone hears what is becoming the main joint action, let the others know here.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So much for the surprise then.
  • I’ve tried to contact said friend in America ( follow up email, we’ve already “ spoken”) but all has gone quiet.
  • I was emailed by Craig Horner today. Is that who you meant? I don't think he's from Anerica though
  • Yes...is it still going ahead?
  • He wants us to send some message to him and he will add to a card going to Alison at the fan mail address.
    I'm thinking of following Julie Maddox's line and donating to a charity and just letting her know on Instagram. Maybe that charity I discovered in Sri Lanka called Embark who care for the street dogs.
    4 Paws in another good one. They rescue bears and big cats ( but any animal I believe) that are held in captivity in places such as Vietnam. Like Bile Bears who are kept in cages and have their bile harvested for 'medicinal' purposes.
    Visit these two links for more info.

http://www.four-paws.org.uk

http://www.embarkpassion.com
  • Well I never heard back from Craig when I sent my second email to him, so if he did put together a card then I missed out on that. However, I shall make a donation to the Sheldrick Foundation today in Alison's honour and hope that she has a Very Happy Birthday. Fan Fanks from the Fens and Much Love as always from myself and the Missus xxx
  • I sent a message to her on both Instagram and Twitter wishing her a happy birthday and saying that I had donated $25 to my new favourite charity, Embark, who care for the street dogs in Sri Lanka, in celebration of her birthday and reunion with Maus.
    No response so far.
  • Reunion with Maus? Where's she been?
  • Are you not on Instagram? She's been to LA to see Lisa and Maus. She sent a picture of Maus with her head in Alison's lap with the comment 'Maus and I are in a coma of happiness'
  • You know me, I don’t do any social media, this is it. Just seen the plastic chair - that’s genius lol.
    I’m happy she’s with L and M, it must be excruciating to be apart.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!