Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 196 Comments sorted by
  • Iuv. A link to James Bryant's page.
    http://jbryant.eu/pages/limerick.htm
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Voices

NOW I make a leaf of Voices—for I have found nothing mightier than they are,
    And I have found that no word spoken, but is beautiful, in its place.

O what is it in me that makes me tremble so at voices?
    Surely, whoever speaks to me in the right voice, him or her I shall follow,
    As the water follows the moon, silently, with fluid steps, anywhere around the globe.

All waits for the right voices;
    Where is the practis’d and perfect organ? Where is the develop’d Soul?
    For I see every word utter’d thence, has deeper, sweeter, new sounds, impossible on less terms.

I see brains and lips closed—tympans and temples unstruck,
    Until that comes which has the quality to strike and to unclose,
    Until that comes which has the quality to bring forth what lies slumbering, forever ready, in all words.

Walt Whitman
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-03-13 20:37:21
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Several reasons...
    A) because she a chronic insomniac. 5.30 is a perfectly reasonable hour in our house ( one up, all up!) she’s been up since 1.30 after three hours sleep this am, so I made it to 5.30 and consider myself blessed
    B) because she genuinely does play the didgeridoo and we have a six foot monster in our front room
    C) because she’s doing Aboriginal art lessons at school and is getting kids to paint drainpipes
    D) because getting your mouth round something long and blowing hard is a stress relieving deep breathing exercise. I’ve tried to play it but failed....it was like a fart in a colander.
    E) because this kind of thing counts as FUN in our house. As you know, we don’t get out much zzzzzzz
  • The above was in answer to UTs question....yep, the forum does seem to be skipping comments. Gremlins.
  • I agree with at least one of your statements.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yes yes....we know which one. Catherine is also a flautist but no pink oboes in our house, just purple strict machines!
  • I must add, she’s also a black belt at karate and an accomplished diver ( don’t even think about it UT). Kind of a bit James Bondish in a blonde ninja sort of way. Or was...until she started teaching.
  • F***king hell well when i find another twat who needs beating up, send her to me!

Can she swim with sharks? Eat a kangaroo ball?
  • Probably, she did live in Oz for quite a while. I may have said this before, but two Christmases ago I bought her a five foot stuffed kangaroo which sits by her bed. Creeps the hell out of me.
  • That’s not taxidermy by the way, just plush. Strangely, I was having a conversation about Kate Bush and The Dreaming with a new work colleague today. Finally, I’m on the same page as someone I work with!
  • I'm gonna have to launch a rescue operation now...next thing you know he/she will be recruited on here and their life will never be the same again.

Need to look up The Dreaming. I'm sick of listening to Radio 1.
  • I've been playing The Dreaming a lot lately.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Radio 1 is for kids Sen. Anyone over 18 should have migrated somewhere else by now.
    We listen exclusively to BBC 6 Music. Only available on DAB radio but you can get it on TV, channel 707 from memory, also on line through bbc.co.uk/6Music
    Strangely, it reminds me of radio 1 around the late 90's and a lot of the presenters are ex radio 1, such as Mary Anne Hobbs, Steve Lamacq, Marc Riley and Mark Radcliffe. Iggy Pop does a show Friday evenings and until recently Jarvis Cocker did Sunday afternoons. You also get Guy Garvy ( not a big fan but I like his wife and his Mother in law was my first crush as a young boy), Ceris Matthews and Craig Charles Saturday early evening.
    A bit more rock orientated but not too much. A nice mix. Give it a try.
  • We are about to go into Lauren Laverne ( oh, er) from 10 till 1.00 each weekday. Katy Puckrick fills in on shows occassionly and our own Alison Goldfrapp has hosted some special shows.
  • I listen to a range of radio stations UT. Radio 1 isn't for kids. I agree half of its a load of shite but we all have our preferences.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!