Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Good news everyone!!
  • Look what I found in a happy meal  [-O<

based on user abilities

"its MY favourite song"
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • there is a real lack of user manuals isn't there.

All I want to do is post videos.....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I'm watching futurama at this very moment.....
  • Plenty of tips on here on how to include video (if you can find it!)

But how do you do a "question"?

• isnt there even a powerpoint or something?
    "its MY favourite song"

• OK, quick YouTube 101.
    1)  Copy and paste the web address / URL of the video you have on YouTube into the 'Comment' box you are using to compose your message.
    2) Press 'Save Comment'. 

Done.  The video ought to appear and not just a link made up of text. Yes it's that simple.  However....

Exceptions
    If the last part of the web address / URL has any word other than 'watch' in it then the video will not appear but the text link will work.

Examples:

This web address will have the video appear - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymjlmrBk2Ao.
    Here's the video:

This web address will just appear as a link made of text - www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DTt9kl3KZmI
    Here's the line of text as a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DTt9kl3KZmI

I'm going to stop now before I start confusing myself.  Any queries regarding posting videos and / or pictures then just ask.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-28 18:55:14
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I thought he had a big bendy straw embedded in the side of his head on first glance! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I suspect its some sort of pipe work
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I`ve found out how to do boxes with sliders (not a euphemism btw)

Post this in source code mode - 

<div style="padding: 20px; overflow: auto; border: solid 1px black; width: 600px; height: 300px;"> 
    Content goes here
    <div >

And input into the "content goes here" area , the width and height can be adjusted , I`ve found 600 width nicely fills the post width on my monitor . An example gentlepeeps , the Youtube code pasted in needs to be the old code embedded HTML for the below to work . Obviously you have to edit all this in source code mode .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-29 06:54:39
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Sartori said:

I`ve found out how to do boxes with sliders (not a euphemism btw)...

As clever and useful as that undoubtedly appears to be, my guess is that the majority of casual board browsers won't realise it's a scrollable box, they'll see one video / picture and just presume that that's all there is and carry on browsing.  It also requires a miniscule of effort which is often a miniscule too much for some.

• softlad said:

Sartori said:

I`ve found out how to do boxes with sliders (not a euphemism btw)...

As clever and useful as that undoubtedly appears to be, my guess is that the majority of casual board browsers won't realise it's a scrollable box, they'll see one video / picture and just presume that that's all there is and carry on browsing.  It also requires a miniscule of effort which is often a miniscule too much for some.

The only use I had for it was for collecting all the Goldfrapp videos in one post and now thats in tatters...I forgot the wife test

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-29 12:38:38
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!