Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 53 Comments sorted by
  • Haha I had a feeling that Alison comes on here in disguise. She probably thinks were all bat shit crazy.
  • What do you mean thinks?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Since the forum is shut off from the public anyway, there's never much aggro here.  It's not a bustling community either, but perhaps that's because it's mostly a slow news day :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • @UT ok she 'knows we're all mad as a bag of frogs
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-04 15:03:57
  • She does. A pickled egg short of a Ploughmans Lunch.
  • Definitely one of the weirdest things about this site.
  • I wouldn't mind having a go at being a mod on here... im not on here as frequent as some of you guys, but i tend to pop in once/twice a week. of course I'd pop in more frequent if the mod position was offered to me...

Anyway, interest registered.

• The main admin guy on here... hasn't visited since September 2013!

But! He is a real person - called Marc Kremers. He's on Twitter. Maybe someone would care to ask him about the forum? He'll possibly just say he has no involvement these days, but he might be able to say who has.
  • Is my Smuttometer of any use to this place!?
  • She does. A pickled egg short of a Ploughmans Lunch.

Pickled Onion Urban Trubesman.l!! Remember.
  • KatRobin said:

Is my Smuttometer of any use to this place!?

Oh yah! Every forum needs a Mrs Robin(son) the Sex Ed guru with a smuttometer, a bag of crystals, and pixie poo.
  • I reside darn sarf Kat, so pickled eggs here but I do love a pickled onion!
    Eels n mash luv? Cockles? Whelks? Only about 20 miles to the Maldon Oyster beds!
    Tubby Issacs. Luvlly jublee!
    Leave it aht!
    Actually, I detest seafood with a vengeance!
  • Not to worry, this place is slightly below the importance of salt water to all things Goldfrapp.

You really detest seafood, UT?
  • The one thing this site could really use is a decent search capability and I know that's not going to happen.  That would take real effort.  I'm still baffled by why they felt it important to switch to this new board.  Do you think Paolo was charging them or something?  

There are so many instances where a simple search of threads would have kept so many of these threads from getting corrupted.  Such as, I would have moved the science convo on Picture Gallery to a Science thread if I would find it.  I would have found newspaper threads to put the comment that I'm beginning to like NPR news almost as well as BBC news.

Now, there is something I would be interested in: building a really, really good social network where one could have conversations very similar to a group of friends meeting, breaking and re-breaking into smaller groups and casually moving from one conversation of interest to another.  The social networks today are so very primitive.  And, that brings up another new phrase found in the latest Merriam-Webster Dictionary.   Narcissistic personality disorder.  I wonder if the dictionaries are splintering, also, into their own favorite words?  That would be appropriate.
  • We need to have a WhatsApp group...that would be a fun way of keeping in touch with each other.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!