Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Happy new year my fellow Frappers. Not posted for ages as just had a busy 2017 but hope I can post more this year.
    My first gig for 2018 will be Dreadzone in Bedford on 16 February
  • Yeah, you get yourself down here Hells! Good to have you back xx
  • Hey Hells. Happy New Year to you as well.
    My first gig is on Valentine's Day with Mari Wilson (just go to my Twitter page to enjoy the jousting with @missbeehive.). She is so accessible and lovely. :x
    Don't tell Mrs T as its a surprise!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-01-25 07:04:41
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • KatRobin said:

Yeah, you get yourself down here Hells! Good to have you back xx

Immmmmm baaaaaaaack
  • Also have tickets for Tears for Fears in May in Brighton so will have a nice long weekend there with the girlfriend
    Foolish me brought Steps tickets in June for my girlfriends Xmas present and I have to go with her. My music credibility nosedived when I purchased those tickets!!
    Luckily it’s only in Peterborough so I can get home if I feel the need to escape
  • We've just booked to go and see Will Gregory and the Moog Ensemble at the Barbican London on the 12th May. Only £15 a ticket. Anyone else up for it?
  • Well, I tried to book tickets for U2 and their shows at the O2. This would have been the 5th time, and I am a member of the U2 fan club, so get pre-sale rights.
    What. A. Fiasco! Always buy 4 tix to gigs as we attend with the Appy's, and despite being able to request 4 at the start ( which the instruction said was allowed), as soon as you started the search, it blanked the box and would then only let you pick 2. Then, they only had split seats and sitting up in the Gods ( where you get vertigo - no pun intended - and a nose bleed), were £120 +.
    Gave up in the end, disappointed. Then cheered myself up by booking 4 tix for Human League at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge in November at a 3rd of the cost.
  • So far, gigs this year in the bag
    Mari Wilson at the Pheasentry in London Valentines night
    Jubilee play with Toyah at the Hammersmith Lyric March
    Floyd Effect in Colchester in April
    Will Gregory Moogs in May
    Bill Bailey at Ipswich in June
    ELO at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam in September
    Joan Armatrading in Bury St Edmunds in October
    Human League in Cambridge in November
    And it's still only early Feb !
  • Managed to get tickets to see U2 at the O2 in October
  • Well done Hells. How much did they cost out of interest and where are you in the venue?
  • Just got back from seeing Dreadzone in Bedford. Fantastic set and I danced and jumped up and down to every track. Got a set list too. Only downside was the awful venue yuck
  • Well done Hells. How much did they cost out of interest and where are you in the venue?

Less than £100 per ticket I think. I didn’t get them a friend did but I think tickets were cheap as not very good seats but I’m ok with that just glad I’ll be able to hear them even if I can’t see them!!
  • Well, we had a great night on Valentine's Day. We went to the Pheasantry, which is a Pizza Express Live venue in Chelsea to see Mari Wilson. The venue is in the basement with tables around a small stage, like an old 60's nightclub and similar to Ronnie Scott's ( only smaller as it only seats about 100 people). Just Mari and a fantastic pianist. She did a 19 song acoustic set, including a stunning rendition of My Funny Valentine that had you holding your breath. Witty raconteur inbetween songs as well. She's a great artist and well worth seeing.
    That was my 7th time and have enjoyed every one. Chatted with her afterwards ( as usual) and she's easy to access on Twitter. Lovely lady.
    What more could you ask for?
  • She’s your sister isn’t she. Rumbled.
  • May as well be. Older Sister. I have one a bit older than her, still working as a Nurse in the NHS. She started when she was 16 as a Cadet Nurse, a role long since dropped.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!