Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp in unexpected places..........
  • 294 Comments sorted by
  • Is nobody feeling this tune? :))

Anyway for the first time ever I've received the Boots monthly magazine to my email inbox. And entered two competitions to get a free make-up set and a fancy electronic toothbrush.

January might be my month after all!
  • Tuesday morning, Charned on E4. The Courtship of Wyatt's Father
    Strict Machine is the. Track used under the opening credits ( after the main title).
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Goldfrapp on Charmed? Is Charmed actually still going or have I missed something?

• It is repeated relentlessly on E4. It ran from late 1998 to 2007 across 8 series.
    The program liked to feature music from the artists of the time, and the episode in question is, nor surprisingly, from 2004.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-01-21 16:49:00
  • Riding that Crocodile wave
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • The Tories are fucking up the NHS right, left and centre. It's blatant and I am shocked that the majority of people in the UK have not done more to make their feelings known. We are born into the NHS, are cared for throughout our lives by it and most people eventuall die with it in close attendance. It is 70 years since its creation later this year and it is, by far, one of the greatest things that Britain has ever bought into bring.
    It's all being undone so that the Tories can hive off the most profitable parts to their mates in the private sector and make a few million for themselves on the side. The corruption is endemic and I am sick of it. Richard Branson has gone from hero to zero due to Virgins aggressive stance over privatisation of NHS services.
    Rant over.
    Bastards ! ( and I come from a highly conservative background).
  • It’s happened and is happening in education too UT , as you know. Arrogance seems to have replaced ambition because those who get on now often don’t need to support their ambition with years of solid hard graft and career progression. Nepotism is everywhere. Stand up and try to fight against it and yo7ll end up out on your ear, that’s why people put up and shut up, a collective mentality I can’t abide either.
  • What is interesting though is that, unless you have kids (or Grandkids) of school age, or are a teacher, then there can be a degree of disassociation regarding the school system. With the NHS though, it touches everyone throughout their lives, generally with a ramping up as you become older. I can see why the Conservatives think they can fuck up one of them but not the other; it rolls out across so many more people in the country (well everybody in fact). Same with the Police and the Fire Service. Significant cuts in funding and reductions in numbers to both since the times of the coalition government have led to a huge spike in the crime figures (particularly knife crime which has been directly associated to cuts in community policing) and the percentage of deaths from fire has also rocketed.
    It's almost like the Cons see no correlation between these factors or don't give a shit. Now, back to education, I can see that a lot send their kids to private education and, too a degree, go private for medical, but try going private when you need an ambulance or need the services of A & E, or you need the Police or the Fire Brigade.
    Challanging times for sure but you need to keep pushing to make whatever difference you can and make people aware of what is happening to flush these bastards out into the light. Same goes for the USA as well where, frankly, your politics is currently fucking nuts! ( or being run by nuts). The POTUS was once a position of huge respect around the world. Frankly, it is now a joke and will take years to regain that.
  • The truth of it, is that there is not much of an available budget. I know of one of my brothers friends mum who is a MFL teacher who wanted to work at her son's school but rather than being offered a perm position was instead offered a zero hours contract. She laughed at them and said 're you serious!'

Lack of money means that schools can't orde4 in any gluesticks, paper or exercise books.

The current teacher recruitment adverts make me vomit with their lies making out that teachers are glampurous and the models they use all look freshfaced. Where's the like of 50 books waiting to be marked, teachers being observed, moderation meetings and data!!
  • Oh and the adverts lie about getting thousands of pounds for a bursary!! Utter utter rubbish!! As a trainee you live on the breadline!! Nobody wants to be a teacher here in the UK.
  • Ok, so someone i follow on Instagram posted this picture today in regards to the Spring equinox and i couldn't help but feel like it was really familiar...

anyway, the artist to the original image had an exhibition 2 years ago. The things you learn! :)

Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2018-03-20 19:44:29
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-09 11:54:44
  • We need some frigging sunshine and heat. There I said it. Sick of shivering to death every morning.
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-09 11:54:13

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!