Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tree 10 year Anniversary
  • It's apparently been around 10 years since seventh tree was born.

I love 7th Tree. It's My favourite every Goldfrapp album. It' magical, glowing and bursting with joy.
  • 31 Comments sorted by
  • I find it a bit Curates Egg to be honest.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I had to Google what you were saying there.

So you find Seventh Tree a bit eggy? I liked the majority of it.
  • I love all of it - for me 7T is the best. It was disappointing at first but such a such a wonderful album once you get into it and so brave artistically - undoubtably they'd have made more money with a Supernature2.
    I thought it couldn't be bettered but Silver Eye comes very close ;)
  • I share the sentiment of Nova.  There's no real bad 'Frapp album, but Seventh Tree has an interesting air to it for me. 

I also love the marketing that went with it, the album cover etc.  Like a nice morning dew :)
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-12-21 18:02:14
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I have trouble with Caravan Girl and as we know from the days of Softlad, the Devil kills a kitten every time Happiness is played. Those two aside, great album. I am considering Some People as a funeral song. (Never did start that thread).
    Interested to hear what you turned up on Goggle about Curates Egg Serenity, as the phrase is not a common one and is something predicated on Victorian good manners.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I find it a bit Curates Egg to be honest.

I believe I've found the meaning to that saying, and also the inspiration to 'Everything is Never Enough'

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That’s hilarious! The moral of that story is don’t lurk in the undergrowth wearing a green jumper Probing around with a plastic phallus.
  • Upon second look, I believe Sirroco is seeing his own reflection! Look how close he is to the camera lens, how he studies it!...the green jumper certainly didn't help (or maybe it did depending on perspective) haha!

Back to Seventh Tree though, it's one of my faves. It's like an auditory representation of the 'acceptance' stage of the grief process. I can relate to it, as I've felt the same before. Maybe that's why I hold it close, it reflects my own heart at times..it just doesn't beat the same after such loss.

Note- Acceptance is actually the 7th stage
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-12-22 10:06:43
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• I am considering Some People as a funeral song.

Looking at the lyrics, Lovely 2 C U would make a great funeral song (in a good way).
  • I would love for Happiness to be about Scientology. Oh yes i had an experience a few years ago with a Scientology centre trying to scam me out of money!!

Who knew that two tin cans connected to a metre can measure your stress levels.

They should have stuck a jumping Tom Cruise in the video. That guy is one hell of a nutcase.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-12-22 11:52:51
  • I think Seventh Tree resomates a lot of the torment that we sll suffer through varying degfees in life.

Personal self image
    Self Esteem
    The quest for inner peace and being in harmony with the world.
  • Honestly one of my favourite albums ever. Think it's just about perfect. 

• I share my sentiments with Low. It's not often I have purchased an album and liked nearly every song. In fact I don't buy albums anymore, it's got to be good for me to buy it.
  • I love this album! I found Goldfrapp in 2007 right before 7T was released. I was going crazy over Supernature and Black Cherry, so I was a little surprised at the new sound, but it quickly grew on me.  

I saw the 7T tour twice in NYC. As soon as I heard the music live, it solidified itself as an amazing album for me. Especially Little Bird. Wasn't crazy about it, but then it became my favorite from 7T once I heard it live. 
  • Little Bird IS the standout track. The building crescendo and the way it falls. The beautiful use of strings in the melody too.

And Collogne Cerone Houdini.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!