Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • DELUXE BOX UPDATE AS AT 12:15 12/06

Just spoke to Sandbag and here are things as they stand.

There are currently 440 orders in for the Deluxe box set, obviously give or take a handful in people's baskets live at this time. They may put a message on the site when the 500 are gone so people have an informed decision when ordering in terms of what they may get. The order number does NOT correspoind to the box number or quantity of boxes sold.

The box will be a limited single run but the total number being made has not fully been finalised. This may depend on demand, time or other reason. The number of 2000 previously mentioned on here is definitely not the number agreed at the moment and they're not sure where that came into the grand scheme of things.

Hope that helps you lot - the good news is that anybody ordering up to this time will have a signed one of the 500......... 
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-21 14:01:52
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • Personally I hope they keep them going for a while for those of us who currently don't have the funds.

• Great great news!!!!
  • just ordered it o.O
    so cant afford it, but im sure it will be worth it
    surely 60 havent been sold in the past hour, so fingers crossed it's signed :)
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Who cares. Just order it yall
  • Yay, i'm getting the box set as a birthday gift! Can't beat that. I hope the order went thru in the first 500, you know, to get a signed one. Remember how jacked up we all got about The Singles deluxe box set that never materialized!?
    This time it shall be different!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Yay, i'm getting the box set as a birthday gift! Can't beat that. I hope the order went thru in the first 500, you know, to get a signed one. Remember how jacked up we all got about The Singles deluxe box set that never materialized!?
    This time it shall be different!

As long as 60 or so hadn't been sold since 12:15 you should be ok!
  • I hope so. It would be such a nice thing to own!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • So excited, I ordered mine yesterday. Looks like lots of fun goodies inside. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Also, can't stop playing/watching the loop
    :-\"
  • Are there any news of whats on the 2nd disc? Or are they still finishing stuff like the book as Alison mentioned in the interview?
  • Would be nice if they signed the vinyl. I'm planning on framing it either way, kinda a hobby of mine, collecting Goldfrapp Vinyl, framing it and preserving it. Found the Strict Machine single vinyl for 8 dollars on Ebay, so an autographed Tales Of Us vinyl would look nice ;) 

no matter what I'm just thrilled that the deluxe box I ordered is indeed one of the ones that will grace Alison and Will's hands... 
    ^:)^
  • I think they're signing the art print, at least that's how the email made it sound ("contains a 12" print, first 500 copies singed by us")
  • That's just as good, wouldn't mind framing that either! Maybe we should get some clarification for the die-hard collectors? ;)
  • It seems like they are going to spoil us with this package. The CD, and vinyl, and an extra cd? Maybe B-sides or studio versions of unreleased songs like they were going to do with 'The Singles' special edition. Not to mention all the other goodies!
    I'm really excited because I would have never been able to afford the box set this week but a special someone has already hinted they purchased it for my birthday which I hope indeed turns out to be the case, I honestly couldn't think of a better gift for a Goldfrapp fan :)
  • Slippage said:

That's just as good, wouldn't mind framing that either! Maybe we should get some clarification for the die-hard collectors? ;)

There will be teasers and updates on the progress of The Box over the coming months..........
  • Carpy, thanks for the info, glad I bought mine yesterday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!