Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • Lovely! The third piece reminds me of Chihuly's ceiling at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-11-12 07:21:00
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Hey Kat, Lisa (The alter ego of Mrs UT) luvs these new works. Can we please have an invite to the private view if you exhibit in the new year? Mrs T might but up for a joint exhibition, if you can accommodate her macabre series of current works!
    She asks if you have ever used Oak Gual ink? She collected some Oak goals recently and made some herself.
    More Wiccan magic !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Crumbs...thanks for the niceness pals! 
    In answer to your comments UT, I'm dead chuffed that Lisa likes them...nope I haven't heard of that particular ink. Is it made from sacrificial blood of a virgin? (knowing your household, that's all Im saying!). 
    As for joint exhibiting, well coo.....that would be something. My work next to hers would be a bit like being the support act, but hey, anything for a break lol. I have no idea if there'll be a private viewing...as I only have cabbages and hedgehogs for friends round here it's unlikely. One day I'll hit the metropolis.
    IM me with more info on the ink!!
  • I don't think you realize how striking your paintings are.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You could Kat if you want start to make these as canvases fpr lounge and bedrooms.. i do really like the abstract designs.

Actually- have you ever considered doing a painting of the northern lights.

Ive actually got a painting in my bedroom by a Spanish street artist. Im going to take a picture if i can and upload it on here.
  • Nice stuff, Kat.  There's really something about them that is soothing and beautiful.  The last one reminds me of a field somehow.
  • The sacrificial virgins blood is used for potions and incantations as you well know, not for paintings!
    Oak Galls are young Oak leaf buds that are inseminated by a parasitic gall wasp. The developing larvae secret a chemical which causes the leaf bud to mutate and grow as a hard protrusion, which are sometimes refered to as Oak apples.
    God, this post has so many of my favourite words in it!
    Anyway, you can grind ( there's another) the Oak galls up and use the powder to make ink. Mrs T says it is very satisfying to not only paint with but also using an ink you have, yourself, made.
    Here's a link to how it is done.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-Iron-Gall-Ink/
    As for sharing an exhibition, she's always on the look out for galleries to exhibit. She needs the pressure of an up and coming exhibition to snap her out of her normal artistic stupor and idleness. She's such a sun worshipper, getting anything out of her in the Summer months is like milking a Pig. Nothing is produced without a lot of quarrelsome oinking ! Now the dark months are here, if I can prise her away from the alter we may get some new stuff, or, at least, Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter finished! There's also a possible commission for 'One for Sorrow' in the offing.
    As for co-exhibitions, if you have an opening, and a wing man would help fill it out, then drop us an IM or an email.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @Kat I absolutely love the 2nd and 3rd paintings. They stand nicely on their own, but would be cool to print onto canvas fabric and make gorgeous accent pillows too!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Nice to have you back, PG.
  • Aw, WW :-* :-*
    U R I E L
  • Hey PG, how did the house move go? Are you settled now, and are we allowed to know where? ( realising that govt agents are after you). Are there any traditions in America relating to new homes? Wooden spoons etc?
  • Honestly, moving is such a huge pain in the ass! No more helicopters hovering over the house at least, one literally hovered over the moving truck in the driveway on the day of the move...ugh. I have dreams of running away to Lapland and living with the Sami people, haha. I don't know of any traditions pertaining to new houses, but I'm making a few of my own, :).
    U R I E L
  • So, I don't follow concerning the helicopters.  Can you explain?
  • Is Ponygurl on the run? [-(
  • So, I don't follow concerning the helicopters.  Can you explain?

Sure WW. I posted on here some time ago I think on the 'how are you feeling today' thread about helicopters hovering and circling my house. It was 3 unmarked choppers with surveillance gear and they came for a week straight and hovered over my place. They would stay stationary and hover for about 20 minutes at a time around mid-day. It really freaked me out, so I called the Police. The Police first said it was a training exercise, then as it continued I called again. The next time I was told they were searching for a missing person. After that a helicopter would buzz the house like once a week. I think the combo of surveillance and then a club I went to being shot to hell, prompted me to leave-
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!