Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European Dates
  • 110 Comments sorted by
  • Click on the link below to go to Mrs UT's YouTube channel where I have uploaded 5 videos I took in Prague. Two of these are little vignettes featuring Angie and Seb but the other three are full songs. I have 4 from Berlin but need to process and upload first.
    I also have a lot of photos as well and I am ploughing through them to get them uploaded to Flickr ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5QAgHJd2RRA1MMSQPlC_jA
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Great videos!  Nice to see me and the gang flapping about down the front  :))
  • Where's the disco pony and shiny mirror ball? Can imagine it would be a bit difficult to do a sideward shimmy in the Roxy Club. I think  would be scared standing THAT close to her. You guys are brave. lol.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-27 10:20:00
  • What was she like when you spoke to her? Friendly? I would be terrified.
  • That SM video goes a bit Gonzo but I thought it would be nice to show the family down the front and spend a bit of time on other band members and not just Alison. Had a like from Angie. Wait till she sees the photos I have. She was 8 feet in front of me and no Giancarlo bobbing about in front! She's one hardworking lady. If I ever stand on the right, I will do the same for Hazel! #keepleft
  • Well, I'm hugely jealous of all you jet setters! Leicester next weekend seems quite exotic to me, lol. It's lovely that Alison is mixing with her fans like that ( more jealousy again....just a bit!!).
  • Everybody together now- "You put your right leg in, your right leg out, in out in out shake it all about".  :)>-

I still would have been shit scared standing in that pit. I have the safety of a screen here LOL.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-28 13:30:00
  • Anyone know who the guitarist and drummer is- I didn't think she had any other band members?
  • Bassist. Charlie Jones as usual. Drummer - Seb Sternberg.
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-10-28 13:54:47
  • Out of interest Serenity, how do you think Goldfrapp work as a band?
  • UT - I'm 'very' well aware of how a band works thankyou. I only see Hazel and Angie in pictures so that's why i asked. 

Yeah.....
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-28 19:19:19
  • Anyone know who the guitarist and drummer is- I didn't think she had any other band members?

Then your comment above makes even less sense. Charlie has been playing bass in the 'live' Goldfrapp since at least 2003, Angie the same. Seb has been the drummer for the last two tours, Silver Eye and TOU, for Head First it was Daisy Palmer and for all tours prior to that, Rowan Oliver, who is now a music lecturer. Hazel did some stand in work when Angie was unavailable at times on the TOU tour. This is the first time that Goldfrapp have not had a violinist on tour. That was Davide Rossi for the first 5 albums/tours but on the TOU tour, it was Ellie Stanford, who was supported on several occasions with other violinists. On the Seventh Tree and TOU tours, we also had a guitarist on stage, who was Alex Lee. I don't think he was on the Head First tour, but he did play guitar on three tracks on that album apparantly.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-29 08:17:56
  • Righto- that's good to know!!!
  • "Little girls! I am in the business of putting old heads on young shoulders, and all my pupils are the crème de la crème. Give me a girl at an impressionable age, and she is mine for life."

~ UrbanTribesman Bendelacreme Miss Jean Brody
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-10-28 22:39:54
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!