Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1028 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Wow. I love this woman

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Shakespeare would have been proud!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-14 12:18:32
  • Its interesting that nobody yet has mentioned Kate Middleton yet. I wouldn't use the word 'sexy' to describe her as i find it brash. Instead i would say she is a very elegant and sophisticated lady. Although leaning on the thin side due to pressure to look a certain way, she always looks lovely to me.

And her children are just beautiful. Kate always carries herself with grace. William too. I'm not a royalist but greatly admire them as a couple. x
  • I preferred Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Simply because she portrayed it the best. Her flat was really off the scale mad, and her character very psychotic and unhinged. She brought a new level of vulnerability to the character.
  • As an avid Batman comic collector since the age of 7, I found the Michelle Pefiffer incarnation too punky and damaged; drawn more from the Joker mould of being a deeply flawed character than that realised in the comic of a strong, resourceful and highly Independant character, more along the lines of Batman himself.
    Her real name is Selina Kyle and she is always drawn as lithe and very sexual and a match ( and ideal partner) for Batman. He is highly attracted to her but that is the basic dichotomy of the characters in that he is a symbol for good and Catwoman is a master criminal. That does not prevent an overwhelming sexual tension between the two of them though!
    Anne Hathaway plays the character more in the vein of the comic but each to his ( or her) own.
    Here is the MP version, and a typical comic panel showing the character.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-14 15:56:07
  • Dnot get me wrong...i couldn't work a catsuit to save my life. Anne does look really good in the costume but still prefer Pfeiffer. Is Selina Kyle supposed to be a brunette? I reckon Gal Gadot would pull it off brilliantly.
  • In my opinion, all the best women are brunettes! ( no offence to all the lovely blondes and redheads).
    Yes, she is usually drawn as a brunette. Always lithe and cat like. Sophisticated and intelligent. Resourceful but can be ruthless. Much like the cat that her character is inspired by. In that comic panel, that is Bruce Wayne next to her. Brooding, powerful, driven and forthright.
    I agree with you about Gal Gadot. She would make an excellent Catwoman but she will be appearing in her guise of Wonder Woman in the film Justice League alongside Batman in December.
    Strangely, just watching the film Wonder Woman as I write this. Now she's an interesting character. Conceived by American psychologist William Moulton Marston, his wife Elizabeth and his lover Olive Byrne and drawn by artist Harry G Peter.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-14 16:51:40
  • Wonderwoman is now out on DVD. Yay!! And i will be going to see Justice League when it lands in the cinema!!

I'm glad that brunettes are back in business. I am one myself. o-+
  • This was meant to be an emoji of a wolf whistling but sadly no can do on this forum.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-10-14 18:09:17
  • I thought we had done the Batman/Catwoman/WonderWoman thing before. Below is a link to a comic thread on this forum that has been dormant for too long. Originally started by Pet (Peter) who was one of our elder statesman. We've not heard from him for a couple of years and he was approaching 70 then from memory. Hope he is still with us. Last heard from in July 2015. Are you out there @Pet ?

http://forum.goldfrapp.com/discussion/1449/comics/p1
  • His professional FB page has an entry of August 1, when he seemed to be hard at work.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!