Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 245 Comments sorted by
  • What?!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ I know. I had Tori Amos, who really borrowed from her I'm realizing. I guess I'm just astounded by her openly sexual lyrics back then. She's saying something, without coming out and actually saying it..genius.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • If you like those dames, check out Happy Rhodes.
  • I don't think that " you took what you wanted from the heat of my booty" was exactly covert or subtle! And all that singing about menstruation- Kate should have been a Sex Ed teacher as well as a music goddess.
  • I think "You got what you gave by the heel of my booty" refers to a swift kick in the ass. Not that Kate hasn't used some explicit sexual lyrics; e.g., "that feeling of sticky love inside."
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-06-18 02:17:28
  • ^ I think I like @katrobin's lyric better.
    U R I E L
  • Then there's always the lyric, "He's too busy hitting the Vaseline".... Really Kate? How would you know that? (Coconut oil works much better, tastes better too)
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

(Coconut oil works much better, tastes better too)

If only this site had existed when I was young enough to make use of tips like this.
  • Has anyone ever actually used Vaseline? It's way too thick to accomplish anything. Yes on the organic virgin coconut oil.
  • I used Vaseline before, I rubbed it..all..over...the lens of my camera. The pictures came out really dirty-
    U R I E L
  • My lyrics are always better ha ha....I have a dirty mind clearly. I was just testing ( cough).
  • "The girl with red hair" was born today in 1920. No, not that one.

Dutch communist and resistance fighter Hannie Schaft. Under Nazi
    occupation, she began stealing ID cards to help Jews evade the Nazis. She then
    began armed actions: sabotaging and assassinating various targets
    including Germans and Dutch collaborators. Known in the movement as "the
    girl with red hair" the Nazis found out her identity, and sent her
    parents to a concentration camp. Hannie dyed her hair black and continued her activity. She was
    eventually arrested, identified by her red roots, tortured and murdered
    by the Nazis. A real life heroine.

"The Girl With The Red Hair" is a great Dutch language dramatisation of her life here (well worth 100 minutes of anyone's time)

Image may contain: 1 person, selfie and close-up
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-09-16 16:59:15
  • 4th October 1936 was a day to raaaaaaave about as in the Battle of Cable Street, the British Union of Fascists was prevented from marching through Stepney by a huge counter-demonstration.

Remember Cable Street! They shall not pass!

• Beets!
  • ROOTS!!

I like them sliced in vinegar but straight cut, not crinkled.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!