Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Facebook Live
  • 52 Comments sorted by
  • Nice to see just a little snippet of her gaff. I was hoping she would turn the laptop to each side so we could see more.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Kind of a challenging environment for someone with dyslexia.  She did great, though.
  • What a lovely chat!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • She was so great! very charming. I didnt know I could love Allison even more! 

The napkin thing really made me laugh. Anyone know how to send some kitschy napkins to her? haha
  • Thanks for uploading this. I didn't get to hook up to it live but it's nice to see now. She looks very well and rested considering all the touring! I love that jacket and do I spy crystals on her mantelpiece? Is she a crystal collector too? Hmmmm....
  • That was enjoyable, wasn't it? A bit haphazard given that Alison was trying to deal with the flood of questions and comments as they arrived (around 4,500 from many of the 1,000 or so viewing) but no matter.

Mind you, it would be nice to have a curated 'live' session, one of these days, where she did answer some of those questions sent in - including my own half-a-dozen meaningful and intelligent contributions. :)
  • Good to hear that Zodiac Black could be featured in the autumn tour and there will be an Ocean video 
  • I hope they do follow up the idea of doing Hairy Trees live.
  • Honestly it would have put a smile on my face if she had of said hello. Did she see my message? I'm not sure. It took a lot of bottle to send it over live. My one and only attempt to try and communicate with a celebrity.

I use the word candidly here but you all get what i mean. Someone in the public eye and well known.
  • At first she had a concerned look. I was in hysterics. She kept analysing that computer of here, looked sideways, back again, a crown etching on her forehead as praying silently for a comment.

When she said "anyone got a question...it is what im here for", i was nearly crying because she looked genuinely worried. I love her expressions ranging from concerned to perplexed to downright baffled, happy back to quizzical.
  • Fantastic to hear they may play ZB live!
  • Is it just me or did Alison keep looking 'at someone' standing on her left hand side in the video. Like somebody was standing there??

I want her to bring back Yellow Halo/Melancholy Sky.
  • There was another FB live thingy a couple days ago. Alison her usual charming & funny self.

Those lucky buggers that got a mention / question-read - and who were/are on the GMB/Forum...

Alice La Trobe, Bethan Duncalf, Kate Gordon, Laura Chatburn, Caro Maple, Layla Holzer 
  • that was a pretty interesting interview.

I think the biggest thing is that we need to crowdfund if we want to see the band in more international locations, which i don't think is a bad thing really. :) i'm kind of gutted her assistant didn't manage to find the horsetail/strap on.

Become the One video MAY be on its way ;)
  • Good little chat. I miss the horsetail/strap. Speaking of straps, the boyshorts or hipsters with built-in o-ring are the best. You can literally fuck for hours with no slippage. Remember the straps that looked like mountain gear?..like you weren't sure if you were getting ready to rappel down a mountain or fuck?

Her response to the 'Ocean' question concerning disappointment was interesting. I think it's a matter of spiritual growth to not be vengeful or dark- to only project the light within yourself instead of reflecting back someone's dark energy thrust upon you. Once you learn that, you got it made.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-07-09 15:18:35
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!