Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Facebook Live
  • 52 Comments sorted by
  • I wrote that before the dates were announced! I do understand why Scottish, Welsh and Irish fans might be cheesed- I should've written UK, not England.
  • KatRobin said:

I wrote that before the dates were announced! I do understand why Scottish, Welsh and Irish fans might be cheesed- I should've written UK, not England.

I'll never understand their aversion to Ireland. It's right beside Britain, cheap to get to, plenty of people in the entire country who would be willing to see them...

• Low said:

KatRobin said:

I wrote that before the dates were announced! I do understand why Scottish, Welsh and Irish fans might be cheesed- I should've written UK, not England.

I'll never understand their aversion to Ireland. It's right beside Britain, cheap to get to, plenty of people in the entire country who would be willing to see them...

Hell, part of it IS Britain ! (well the UK in any case - heading off the pedants there !)
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Alion will be live on Facebook at 7:30!!
  • That was fun! And I got 2 mentions, lol.

Though... Alison seemed to only answer "live" questions.. not the ones ppl sent in. Oh well.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-07-19 15:08:59
  • She was so sweet! Love the ending :-))
  • Such a lovely person! She answered my question about working with Boards of Canada towards the end (kinda!) and lit up like a Christmas tree at reading the band's name. Really struck a chord with her! Mum on Vangelis though, which leads me to believe she has yet to experience him or his album, "Oceanic".

Also, I screamed and the lunch on my lap proceeded to hit the ceiling.

Made her laugh really hard when she saw my comment saying "hope we didn't make you cry too much with that WildAid birthday surprise!". Could tell because the rest were just ordinary questions right when I sent it lol.

Also tried to see what she thought of a B-Side collection or instrumental album, but couldn't seem to get her to see it in time lol. Someone tagged me to say she said yes to something else I asked already but couldn't tell what. Ah well.

Also, the napkin bit killed me. 
    Other than that, we have confirmation of vinyl reissues and an Ocean video.

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-07-19 15:29:46
  • And on top of that, she'd love to do a new live DVD!? :-SS
  • Well I took the courage to just say hello to her, that i think she is fantastic and i love all of her songs.

I've never been to any of her gigs so it was the next best thing. I felt quite nervous?!
  • I was nervous too! Felt like sitting down over tea with her. She was clearly uncomfortable too at first, lol.

She should do a Reddit AMA, more than anything. Would give her more time to read questions.
  • If anyone didn't/can't view it on Facebook, I uploaded it elsewhere - link below.
    It's 37 mins long, crappy low-res sound & vision, but... it is Alison at her sweetest, and very funny too :-)

Linky
  • She didn't answer my question. :( But she seemed very relaxed but i could she was struggling to keep up with the fast pacedness of it all.
  • If anyone didn't/can't view it on Facebook, I uploaded it elsewhere - link below.
    It's 37 mins long, crappy low-res sound & vision, but... it is Alison at her sweetest, and very funny too :-)

Linky

Thank you  [-O<
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • She was brilliant!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!