Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
US Tour Dates
  • Alison posted on Facebook this morning that US tour news will come today!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Silver Eye Limited World Tour
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Wish they would come back east again. How about NY again before heading home?
  • "world tour" what a concept. they're crossing the ocean and paying all the associated high fees but not bothering to do more than the west coast... WHY???
  • Ugh.  Right after I move to god forsaken Florida.  That Warfield show is going to be amazing.  Saw Roisin there several weeks ago. 
  • Yo Deep H. They did East Coast gigs a couple of months ago. They've done more across the pond than they have on recent album releases so we have to be grateful for that.
    You're not on my spy list. Pray tell, where is your abode? From your comment East Coast USA?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yeah, I feel ya deep_honey.  I guess it's economics, but I wonder how UK/Euro/Australian bands that are smaller than Goldfrapp manage to play more extensive US tours.  I would not be surprised to see Goldfrapp sell very well in US cities with rich musical heritage and pretty robust local music scenes beyond the usuals of LA, NY, SF etc.  Not to mention all the gays in major metopolitan areas who would flock to a rare Goldfrapp performance.  Cities like Minneapolis, Nashville, Chicago, San Diego, Las Vegas, Houston (or Dallas), DC, Boston, Miami.  
  • Yo urban, I don't really consider Brooklyn + Philadelphia to be anywhere near decent coverage of the east coast. I'm in Ohio, so would be driving regardless, but skipping Chicago, D.C., Boston, etc. is just lazy at this stage. They played far more dates when they were unknowns touring Black Cherry, a few more big cities would easily be worth the effort.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!