Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Systemagic (Second Single)
  • 59 Comments sorted by
  • Kat's in the U.K...

The one I don't understand is "my bad". What's wrong with "my fault" or "my mistake". There was a great line in Definitely Maybe" about the use and abuse of language.

Hmm... Not sure why we say that, but we say "my bad" all the time for little things. I think its a less serious way to say "my fault". Like if someone were to say "my bad" to me for something serious, I would not see it as a real apology, and kind of flippant, but "sorry that was my fault" is more sincere. 
  • Actually, sorry seems like an English favorite and it seems to work just fine for small things also.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-05-10 15:27:27
    Lovely2CU

#Spinalfire

• I sure know how to sidetrack a thread.

Actually, sorry seems like an English favorite and it seems to work just fine for small things also.

Hate to say it, but those not fond of Brits tend to harp on about this about being a sign of "weakness" rather than civility. I find it ironic that it's usually espoused by idiots.
  • Love the new photo!
  • Hope this is the first of many mixes!

• Looks like the EP released this Friday will contain the Hannah Holland remix of Systematic and the Ralphi Rosario Tek Vocal Mix) of Anymore --- but it is being labeled Systemagic/Anymore remixes PART 1!!! This means PART 2 at some point one would assume. So at least 1 more remix of each + maybe an extra track? :)
  • Double-A?

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but that seems like low confidence in Systemagic.
  • Double-A?

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but that seems like low confidence in Systemagic.
  • Oh no :-/ more tech/house remixes being done to these already amazing songs?!?! Whatever happened to remixes with the likes of Ladytron, MUM, Yeasayer etc.. ?
  • Jonyc said:

Oh no :-/ more tech/house remixes being done to these already amazing songs?!?! Whatever happened to remixes with the likes of Ladytron, MUM, Yeasayer etc.. ?

Right? The "We Are Glitter" remixes are the best. Also love Gui Boratto mix of A&E, and Tiesto's mix of Rocket. These new remixes don't seem to really compliment the song. 
  • react010 said:

Hannah Holland Remix

Liked this!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/systemagic-anymore-remixes-pt-1-single/id1232680545

Shame it's just a two-track release. That Whatever Whatever mix of Anymore must exist out there somewhere, though.
    Post edited by TinSoldier at 2017-05-12 19:29:11
  • https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/systemagic-anymore-remixes-pt-1-single/id1232680545

Shame it's just a two-track release. That Whatever Whatever mix of Anymore must exist out there somewhere, though.

I checked out remixes done by Whatever Whatever on YouTube and their remixes are fantastic! I really would like to hear their 'Anymore' remix!!
  • As it was on a promo, and seemingly as files (I'd think we would have seen it on ebay by now if real, as it would have been knocked off already!), it might leak...at least I hope so.

Of course, it might be on the "Pt. 2" single release implied by this being "Pt. 1". ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!