Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Rollercoaster
  • As our beloved duo is used to switching styles, tempos and all other kind of stuff between albums it's likely that at given time you favor one album and the other time - different (I'll en this sentence here it's too long ;) ).

So on which part of the Goldfrapp Rollercoaster are you? At the moment I'm of course all Silver Eye with a little bit of Black Cherry. 7th Tree is out of favor at the moment.
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-05-03 19:02:59
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Weird, I'm kind of off Silver Eye at the moment (yes I overplayed it haha) but I listened to Seventh Tree when it was sunny the other day and God what a beautiful album! It just gave me an urge to create something!
    So Ive been listening to that since, and a bit of head first actually
  • Tales of Us, unconditionally. 
    That album has a special place in my heart.

I really hope they revisit such a lush soundscape again. Wouldn't complain if they stepped away from electro-dance after Silver Eye, at least for a while.
  • Still listening to SE, but I'm all about Supernature right now. Everything is Never Enough makes me think of Fly Me Away, and hearing Slide In live really got me back into SN. 

They have an album for every mood. I agree with Ryanoc91, whenever it is sunny out and I'm driving in "country" I always listen to 7T. When it is snowy in the mountains, I always listen to FM. And a rainy foggy day is perfect for TOU. 

• Interesting perspectives, Christian.  I typically play TOU in tandem with 7T, perhaps because I first listened to it walking around in the sunshine during the summer, I find it nice and airy.  Felt Mountain is definitely a winter album!
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

Interesting perspectives, Christian.  I typically play TOU in tandem with 7T, perhaps because I first listened to it walking around in the sunshine during the summer, I find it nice and airy.  Felt Mountain is definitely a winter album!

Drew is a lovely Summer song for me, as are wide open epics such as Stranger or Clay. Ones like Jo and Thea work very well in the darker autumn evenings though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!