Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New York gig 26/27th April @Brooklyn Steel
  • 82 Comments sorted by
  • Incidentally, does anyone know who did the mini-tour poster specific to the recent gigs? Has any stock of these popped up online? They were $10 at the gig, and I got one on night #1; signed by Will too, but took a tumble on the way home from the gig...and, well...went back on night two for another, and, quite literally, was behind the guy who got the last one. Cally (Callie) looked sad, and worse when I said why I was after another. Ugh. You know how I wish I grabbed two on that first night. Now I wonder where I can grab another...hopefully for that same price.

That really is awful about your signed poster! :-( You can buy the poster at musicglue.com the official merchandiser for Goldfrapp. Be prepared though for a hefty shipping charge and long wait time to receive your order! Musicglue does not have a very good reputation here.. Just giving you the heads up if you do decide to order with them. :-)
    Here is the direct link:
    https://www.musicglue.com/goldfrapp/products/silver-eye-a2-poster
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-05-03 20:39:51
  • Yeah, I was talking about that one while at the gig on 4/28, as well as the MG reputation, but the guy I was talking to said it was still a different poster than the one offered during these shows. Obviously, it looks the same to me from the image alone. I just took it on faith he was right. Is it confirmed to be the exact same (size, cardstock/gauge, etc)?

It's not that I'm that nitpicky, but I can't help but feel it's not right to have any regrets associated with such a great evening otherwise...except that misty rain, but who can stop that?

I take it Jonyc means you were likely at both shows? Maybe we spoke as well? I was the one with the broken ankle (no, it was prior to the 4/27 fall!) ;)

• Yeah, I was talking about that one while at the gig on 4/28, as well as the MG reputation, but the guy I was talking to said it was still a different poster than the one offered during these shows. Obviously, it looks the same to me from the image alone. I just took it on faith he was right. Is it confirmed to be the exact same (size, cardstock/gauge, etc)?

It's not that I'm that nitpicky, but I can't help but feel it's not right to have any regrets associated with such a great evening otherwise...except that misty rain, but who can stop that?

I take it Jonyc means you were likely at both shows? Maybe we spoke as well? I was the one with the broken ankle (no, it was prior to the 4/27 fall!) ;)

It is the same poster (image wise) as the one being sold on the site as I got one from both MG (which I'm still waiting for btw) & the venue on the 27th. As for the size, gauge etc. I'm not sure about as MG gives absolute no description of the product!! I guess you can email them? But who knows if you would even get a response!! I can let you know when I do receive the order, but who knows how long that will be! Uggh
    One other thing that I found very odd at the venue was that they would not sell the poster until the gig ended! I really had to fight my way to the merchandise counter and it was a nightmare!
    I do not think we met.. I was standing next to a guy from Argentina & a couple from Florida. Anyway, I hope you are able to locate a new poster that is comparable to the one being sold at the venue!!

Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-05-03 22:09:09
  • iuventus said:

I thought you were going to both, @Jo_ey.

I went to Philly and the Thursday Brooklyn show, not Wednesday's.
  • Jonyc said:

It is the same poster (image wise) as the one being sold on the site as I got one from both MG (which I'm still waiting for btw) & the venue on the 27th. As for the size, gauge etc. I'm not sure about as MG gives absolute no description of the product!! I guess you can email them? But who knows if you would even get a response!! I can let you know when I do receive the order, but who knows how long that will be! Uggh
    One other thing that I found very odd at the venue was that they would not sell the poster until the gig ended! I really had to fight my way to the merchandise counter and it was a nightmare!
    I do not think we met.. I was standing next to a guy from Argentina & a couple from Florida. Anyway, I hope you are able to locate a new poster that is comparable to the one being sold at the venue!!

Thanks for the info, and let us know if it is indeed different (assuming I don't go and order it myself - ugh more than twice the price if I did...and no Will signature. Makes you want to cry). :(

Shame we didn't meet. I was near the front of the line both nights, and hoped many I'd meet there would be so hardcore they would be on here as well, but not all were.

Gotta say, I met some great human beings those nights. Not just kind due to my ankle, but just great to everyone. One, Matt, even gave away extra SE postcards to those waiting to see A & W after the show who had nothing to sign (were in same boat regarding the posters). Just great people. It put a smile on my face. :)
    Post edited by TinSoldier at 2017-05-03 22:26:19
  • Jonyc said:

@TinSoldier I hope your ankle gets better soon!!

Thanks! Might be a few weeks yet before I'm walking normally. Hopefully in time for the Mute Erasure album release party in NYC in a few weeks! :)
  • Well, if you won't have her Matt, I will. I'll sleep on my fire escape. ;^)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!