Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New York gig 26/27th April @Brooklyn Steel
  • 82 Comments sorted by
  • Heres a review of the Brooklyn show 4/26:

I totally agree with the title "Goldfrapp exceeds all expectations" :D

• I am waking up back home in Boston and still very high from my experience on Thursday night. What a show !! The band was on fire as was Alison herself, she seemed to be having an absolute blast ! Great set list and the new songs sounded fantastic in the live setting. I was also happy to see Dreaming and Shiny and Warm in the set and didn't expect Utopia to open, so that was a treat and really kicked the evening off for me. I could go on and on but I'll refrain. She said she'd see us soon and I hope that means maybe a late summer/early autumn show to look forward to. Biggest surprises for me were Slide In being included but no Thea from TOU.

• [Admin edit: these details may not be wholly accurate]

Guys, there are some more gigs for 2017. If you are already aware then ignore.

Quite a few in Canada, in Ontadio, Creemore and Kelowna. Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Woodstock and Niagra-on-the-lake.

In the US there's a gig in Seattle, Nashville and Brooklyn again at The Knitting Club.

A gig in Eveleigh in Australia.

Back in the UK, There is Somerset House and Beccles?! (I'm assuming that's a place in the UK).

And the final stop is in...... FINLAND in August!!

Wow what an amazing tour it will be!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-05-02 14:40:24

• Guys, there are some more gigs for 2017. If you are already aware then ignore.

Quite a few in Canada, in Ontadio, Creemore and Kelowna. Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Woodstock and Niagra-on-the-lake.

In the US there's a gig in Seattle, Nashville and Brooklyn again at The Knitting Club.

A gig in Eveleigh in Australia.

Back in the UK, There is Somerset House and Beccles?! (I'm assuming that's a place in the UK).

And the final stop is in...... FINLAND in August!!

Wow what an amazing tour it will be!

Where you get the info on N American/Canadian gigs - not seen those announced anywhere?

There are a few others in European Festivals (Glasto, Macclesfield, Madrid, Brussels...) over the summer but hoping for an extensive tour in the Autumn :-)

• Google search for goldfrapp gigs 2017
  • Unfortunately Google no good in this case. Some wires crossed as Goldfrapp should be performing at Ridgeway Ontario tonight according to Google!
  • Oh crap!! My apologies. I was trying to be helpful but looks like Google has totally f**ked up.
  • Not your fault, it's a Google algorithm that linked Goldfrapp to unrelated gigs somehow. Just hoping that fans in Canada didn't see that and get their hopes raised :)
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-04-30 18:36:02
  • Beccles is where the Latitude festival is so not all wrong. ( Beccles is a town near Lowestoft Serenity).
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well, I didn't really like this pair of underwear anyway.

Google, you are dead to me.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-05-01 20:47:08
  • I haven't seen a set list posted for the Wednesday show but I'm assuming it was the same as the Thursday show and Philly

• Jo_ey said:

I haven't seen a set list posted for the Wednesday show but I'm assuming it was the same as the Thursday show and Philly

Yup, it was the same as Philly :)
  • I thought you were going to both, @Jo_ey.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ask, and ye shall receive...

Yes, it was the same set both nights, and I'm still riding the high.
    Post edited by TinSoldier at 2017-05-03 18:06:37
  • Incidentally, does anyone know who did the mini-tour poster specific to the recent gigs? Has any stock of these popped up online? They were $10 at the gig, and I got one on night #1; signed by Will too, but took a tumble on the way home from the gig...and, well...went back on night two for another, and, quite literally, was behind the guy who got the last one. Cally (Callie) looked sad, and worse when I said why I was after another. Ugh. You know how I wish I grabbed two on that first night. Now I wonder where I can grab another...hopefully for that same price.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!