Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New York gig 26/27th April @Brooklyn Steel
  • 82 Comments sorted by
  • Siiiigh :(( ... Alison replied to someone's comment on IG saying that HOPEFULLY they will have Autumn dates in Los Angeles :( ... L A M E ... this is quickly turning into the Tales of Us "tour." I LOOOOVE Goldfrapp (sonically, NOBODY compares to them in my book), but not enough to spend 2K + to see them :(( . Plus I'm already taking 2 days off from work to see my queen Roisin (on a visual & personal/fully-realized-SOULFUL human level, nobody compares to her) again the previous week lol. Ugh, thank god I've seen Goldfrapp a few times already :/ 

• Looks like this is a slow burner for ticket sales until the album is released.
    Music Junkie
  • Venue near completion & only a few weeks to go to opening night :)
    https://www.facebook.com/BrooklynSteel/videos/1905905333026426/
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2017-03-23 17:14:00
    Music Junkie
  • I am quite surprised they haven't sold out both nights at Brooklyn Steel. Goldfrapp is accustomed to playing venues twice as big in NY and virtually selling them out. Hopefully they will eventually get there!

• Just a few days! Anyone know when they go on? doors are at 7, so I'm thinking 8? 
  • Just a few days! Anyone know when they go on? doors are at 7, so I'm thinking 8? 

Corbu are the support act. Judging from previous reviews on the venue main band on just after 9pm :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2017-04-21 13:18:16
    Music Junkie
  • Thanks ultrauk. So Brooklyn steel posted that the 27th is sold out, and only a few tix left for the 26!! It's gonna be a party!
  • The time has come! making my trek up to NY in the morning, will report back after the gig :)
  • Last night was amazing!!!! I was dancing like a mad man. Alison was so fantastic, and hearing the new songs live was incredible. She made a few fun comments through the night, seemed like she was having a great time too! same setlist as Philly show. 
  • Last night was amazing!!!! I was dancing like a mad man. Alison was so fantastic, and hearing the new songs live was incredible. She made a few fun comments through the night, seemed like she was having a great time too! same setlist as Philly show. 

Stunning performance! She worked that stage! Without doubt the best show so far on this tour. Great venue/sound & audience.
    Music Junkie
  • Heres a review of the Brooklyn show 4/26:

I totally agree with the title "Goldfrapp exceeds all expectations" :D

• I am waking up back home in Boston and still very high from my experience on Thursday night. What a show !! The band was on fire as was Alison herself, she seemed to be having an absolute blast ! Great set list and the new songs sounded fantastic in the live setting. I was also happy to see Dreaming and Shiny and Warm in the set and didn't expect Utopia to open, so that was a treat and really kicked the evening off for me. I could go on and on but I'll refrain. She said she'd see us soon and I hope that means maybe a late summer/early autumn show to look forward to. Biggest surprises for me were Slide In being included but no Thea from TOU.

• [Admin edit: these details may not be wholly accurate]

Guys, there are some more gigs for 2017. If you are already aware then ignore.

Quite a few in Canada, in Ontadio, Creemore and Kelowna. Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Woodstock and Niagra-on-the-lake.

In the US there's a gig in Seattle, Nashville and Brooklyn again at The Knitting Club.

A gig in Eveleigh in Australia.

Back in the UK, There is Somerset House and Beccles?! (I'm assuming that's a place in the UK).

And the final stop is in...... FINLAND in August!!

Wow what an amazing tour it will be!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-05-02 14:40:24

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!