Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Systemagic (Second Single)
  • 59 Comments sorted by
  • Jonyc said:

This whole era I've noticed that she really is not showing her face in the album artwork, videos & also the gigs with the dark lighting etc. I feel that she wants us to focus on the music and not her..

@Jonyc
    Spot on !. Thats what i was thinking from starters about the whole Silver Eye era: no focus on Alison this time, just on the music & imagery. Hope she will 'see the light' in coming gigs though .. we love seeing her as well ;).
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-04-25 09:58:55
  • Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread but the most likely reason for Alison not being in the video is because she directed it

• Never been a problem for Clint Eastwood !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'd have thought Lisa would've been making a return for the videos actually, don't know if there's a particular reason i'm missing or if Alison maybe didn't want to bother her...
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Systemagic sounds pretty good if you change the video speed to 1.25 A decent club re-mix at 130bpm could do wonders to this track.
  • Who exactly is the dark and ghostly person in the middle of the naked crouching figures?

I'm sure it is Alison...she has those puffball sleeves on the ends of her arms. There is no face but sure it is her.

And I'm getting almost an Adam and Eve vibe...dont ask me how. I'm looking at the female and males being all bald and back to nature with no clothes on.

I feel the dancers are sacrificing themselves to something. Looks like some ritual dance.

It's definitely a strange video. I thought anymore was strange but this is going more along the witchcraft and sorcery route.
  • Who exactly is the dark and ghostly person in the middle of the naked crouching figures?

I'm sure it is Alison...she has those puffball sleeves on the ends of her arms. There is no face but sure it is her.

The puffball sleeves are why I thought it may be Alison as well..
  • Jonyc said:

Who exactly is the dark and ghostly person in the middle of the naked crouching figures?

The puffball sleeves are why I thought it may be Alison as well..

DITTO! :D
  • OK, what if just the twirly guy were on roller skates?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Damn. I'm still liking this song. Esp. those synth solos.
  • Really jonesing for a 12", but I only see evidence of a radio edit promo (not even an itunes remix package yet).

This seems criminal.
  • Jonesing?
  • KatRobin said:

Jonesing?

Craving.
    I hear this all the time in the US. Anyone across the pond use this slang?
  • Kat's in the U.K...

The one I don't understand is "my bad". What's wrong with "my fault" or "my mistake". There was a great line in Definitely Maybe" about the use and abuse of language.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-05-10 14:09:50

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!