Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Systemagic (Second Single)
  • Hey, thought since this is the second single it deserves its own thread. Here is the video just uploaded:

• 59 Comments sorted by
  • The video is awesome, but IMAGINE if it had Alison doing choreography too? Or just performing dressed as a witch and looking great....

Alison has always disliked shooting videos, though, so I guess this was to be expected. On the Supernature documentary her and Will talk about wanting to create but not be "the stars".
  • You can see the man's pee pee 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

You can see the man's pee pee 

Oh god
    Post edited by Glitterizer at 2017-04-24 12:51:57
  • Pee pee? Do we mean Penis ( or Pen es as Antoine de Caunes would say)?
    On the first view no todger on view but as Mrs T would say, a decent cock trench!

At least we now have an explanation of the dance done on Jools H.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • No, we mean pee pee.

Lest we forget I am a millennial child who knows no better
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-04-24 13:20:27
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Lol are you sure it's not 'her' knee. Looks female whoever it is.

The video... it's very haunting and I'm not sure how to describe it. I can see a lot of black magic. It's like entering a dark forboding dimension.

Is that Alison in the middle?

I do wonder what the actual influences are for this album. The video wouldn't look out of place in a gothic horror film
  • Lol are you sure it's not 'her' knee. Looks female whoever it is.

The video... it's very haunting and I'm not sure how to describe it. I can see a lot of black magic. It's like entering a dark forboding dimension.

Is that Alison in the middle?

I do wonder what the actual influences are for this album. The video wouldn't look out of place in a gothic horror film

I also wonder if Alison is the one in the middle.. This whole era I've noticed that she really is not showing her face in the album artwork, videos & also the gigs with the dark lighting etc. I feel that she wants us to focus on the music and not her..
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-04-24 15:54:38
  • Interesting video. It strangely reminds me of Adele's video Rolling in the Deep. The dancers movements, some of the stop editing and the water bouncing in the glasses, juxtaposed with this videos bouncing balls, just some fleeting similarities. Funny thing is, RITD reminded me of the Kate Bush video Suspended in Gaffa ! Both involved the central dancer making patterns in the air by kicking up dust/flour whatever on the floor.

SM also has some similarities with the Train video. Predominantly a video based around a dance routine and some nudity, except T had a more prominent Alison. Nothing like some tits and bums ( and a pee pee) to get your YouTube hits up! RITD has just passed 1 billion views!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The video is like all the work out video girls in "Alive" join forces with the satanists to create their own new coven, shave their heads, and cast spells while Alison is off dying her hair. 

I love the video.. but miss seeing Alison's beautiful face. 
  • I'm surprised to have actually loved the video, despite zero Alison presence which does strangely piss me off considering how awesome it could have been with her in it (though I'm getting over it and couldn't be angry at her if I tried). I think what won me over with this direction was the choreography being actually decent and having proper fluidity (no funky chicken moves / chaotic sign language crap unlike Anymore), and the mirror-faced figures / hawks / peeking penis actually made it fascinating to watch. The strobing helped, also. Thank God, they transferred the song's energy to screen more-or-less intact.

But for crying out loud, I can't take yet another video like this. Please Alison, as awesome and beautifully directed as Systemagic is, we really miss you and hope you'll be in the next one proper. I'm hoping for Ocean + wind tunnel + strobing + trailing fabric + more than half-second shots of Alison, myself (though I'll settle for just seeing her again!)

I really miss her being front and centre, though. I hope the next era will be more akin to ToU in regards to her presence, as it was utterly sublime. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-04-24 19:32:03
  • I didn't see a single penis. No matter; those guys all need some meat on 'em. Alison is promoting an unhealthy male body image. Tsk!

(There's gonna be Hells to pay for that penis.)
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-04-24 22:41:02
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • If there will be remixes of Systemagic.. I'm really hoping they choose more interesting remixers!! I can't take another house/techno remix of a song from this amazing album that really does not need remixes in the first place!!
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-04-24 22:24:31
  • Jonyc said:

...amazing album that really does not need remixes in the first place!!

Agreed; though, I'm not a fan of remixes anyhow.
  • Male bubble butt and a penis peak-a-boo = great video
  • OMCthulhu! It's The Dunwich Horror, starring Dean Stockwell, Sandra Dee, and the Solid Gold Goldfrapp "Systemagic" Dancers!

Post edited by iuventus at 2017-04-25 04:12:28

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!