Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Roundhouse gig - March 27th
  • 223 Comments sorted by
  • Alison got her new teeth in 2006!

The eyelid stripes? I'm no expert regarding this sort of detail but they looked to me - white on the Glasgow footage... and black at the Roundhouse?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-03-30 11:22:12
  • Ah, I see, all that dosh from Supernature ;)

Didn't even notice them on the Glasgow night, I was purely enjoying how little added makeup she had on which really backed the purity of this album for me.  Head First will always be my favourite looking era, though.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Well that was FUCKINGAMAIZING WHAT WHAT. ABOVE USUAL EXCELLENCE ETC.

I think Alison had been on the drinks poos.

Nova L Glad ur OK now. STAFF didn't rush to assist. Reminds me of the Astoria.

Good pics UT. Lighting n dry ice still giving poor contrast but the new backdrops helped and I loved the moon and stars ones.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-03-30 15:10:34

Here's a review of the Roundhouse show that appeared in the London Evening Standard. Apologies for the poor photo.
    Post edited by pauln at 2017-03-30 16:44:20
  • Why is that every time a female* artist comes out with a new album it's a "comeback"?  

*yes, of course I know GF is a duo.  

Also, one of you shot this, right?  Just... wow.  

Post edited by HorseTearz at 2017-03-30 22:52:01
  • Why is that every time a female* artist comes out with a new album it's a "comeback"?  

*yes, of course I know GF is a duo.  

Also, one of you shot this, right?  Just... wow.  

Well HT, that's Mrs UT's YouTube channel so I am sure you can work it out !  Lots of other Frapp videos I have shot on there as well, 3 more from Roundhouse, 1 from Cambridge, several from Royal Albert Hall, last Somerset House......and so on.

I also dislike interviews or reviews that have a line like 'the 50 year old singer'.  What the fuck does her age have to do with it?  Almost like 'well she's 50 now, cracking on a bit to be a credible performer'. 
    Fuck off!  In a world that accepts the Glastonbury headline acts as Radiohead (yeh! ), Foo Fighters (Yeh!) and Ed Sheeran??? WTF?
    The world has most definitely gone mad !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well HT, that's Mrs UT's YouTube channel so I am sure you can work it out !

Flipping great vid clip! :-)

Um, I don't suppose you or Lisa filmed the whole of the bit between Systemagic and Number 1? The upload of the former cuts off just before Alison's shout-out to Alice and Bethan... and they were hoping to re-live that! :-) lol. If not, audio of the whole show might just be shared at some point soon (no, I don't have it myself)...
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-03-31 07:58:18
  • It was a brilliant gig. 

I hope the chap that fainted or fell over was OK.  

• It was a brilliant gig. 

I hope the chap that fainted or fell over was OK.  

That sounds like Pete, Novalasing, unless there was another??
    If NL, he is fine.  Not enough to drink!
  • Well HT, that's Mrs UT's YouTube channel so I am sure you can work it out !

Flipping great vid clip! :-)

Um, I don't suppose you or Lisa filmed the whole of the bit between Systemagic and Number 1? The upload of the former cuts off just before Alison's shout-out to Alice and Bethan... and they were hoping to re-live that! :-) lol. If not, audio of the whole show might just be shared at some point soon (no, I don't have it myself)...

Afraid not HJ.  Generally only start the camera at the start of a song to save battery but one of the clips does show Alison recognising and waving to someone in the audience.
  • Top gig indeed, and great to catch up with so many of the gang
  • For those not on the Facebook group I put some pics here. Mostly London n Camb.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskXoPJGB
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-04-10 04:53:35
  • Bit of an instergram montage from the Round House Gig.

https://instagram.com/p/BSMhqUuA08euEDVoQVZUVAh-aiuDhXjX2lpRT00/
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2017-04-10 17:12:12
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!