Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Become The One
  • YOU GUYS. Wow. How was this not the first single?! I'm only on my second full listen of the album, so it's early days, but this is my favorite track so far.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Well -speaking for myself- i don't think this track is 'Single' material (as it's a bit too quirky for that) .. bit such a great track indeed !.
  • I think Systemagic and Become the One will be the singles for this era (they seem tailor-made for it), possibly followed by Ocean and Faux Suede Drifter if the album does well.
  • I am also surprised at the selection for the first single, though "Moon in the mouth" is frigging awesome.
  • I like this song... When I heard It first I had thoughts of Tiptoe in back of my head. Weird.
  • Turqs said:

I like this song... When I heard It first I had thoughts of Tiptoe in back of my head. Weird.

It's like the lovechild between "Tiptoe" and "Voicething." Love love love!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!