Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • The album is absolutely stunning :) I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that didn't heard the album yet so I'm just gonna be generally amazed and happy in this post..
    First of all - after hearing the album just once I know for sure that most of the critics reviewing this album are a bunch of ignorant,idiotic,dumb fucktards :) I know as I'm a huuuuge fan of GODFRAPP I'm also not objective but this album is crafted with so much care,the melodies and atmosphere is absolutely enchanting,Alison vocals are just winning and jaw drop inducing,she again explores the parts of her voice she never used before,the themes and hidden secrets lying there in the lyrics and smaller melodies will keep me interested for months and years to come,the production is mint,every song gives you adrenaline rush or shivers.
    I'm after the first listen and I love every song,EVERY song to bits :)
    And I thought it would be impossible for them to do something as amazing as Tales of Us right after that but they did.It's completetly different,yet there is magic and usual Goldfrappness in this new masterpiece and here I have even stronger feeling that every song is absolutely neccessary and here for a reason (I liked Ulla and Alvar but I loved the rest of Tales) :)
    And I can understand now that the fortunate people that heard the album before said that this is the album that they always wished Goldfrapp would record.
    Absolutely in LOVE with this masterpiece and forever gratefull to Alison and Will <3
    So guys,don't read the reviews :) !!!
    Gosh,I really am emotionally unstable ;)

• Ryanoc91 said:

I still haven't gotten an email from Music Glue. Although according to some people on popjustice they mightn't be shipped until tomorrow (even if you live on the other side of the world), and really they have no excuse for this because we know the physical copies existed a good few weeks ago.

I am one of the member who said that is my theory. This is ridiculous, isn't it?
  • Amazing album indeed !
    As a whole it sounds so much better than the snippets .. the slower tracks are very 'airy' with lots of 'space' in them (as Alison stated in interviews). This is indeed the album i wanted them to make after 'Tales Of Us' and 'Head First' .. no fillers .. all great !. Favos for now: Faux Suede Drifter, Become The One, Beast That Never Was, Everything is Never Enough, Moon In Your Mouth, Systemagic ... well all of m really ;).
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-03-30 08:59:50
  • React010 - I emailed them today about the confirmation - they were all shipped yesterday apparently, it's just a delay in the E-mails going out :)
  • I have no words for this:
    I can confirm international Goldfrapp orders are currently being prepared for dispatch. You will receive an email confirming when it's on the way to you.
  • jenkins25 said:

Ryanoc91 said:

I still haven't gotten an email from Music Glue. Although according to some people on popjustice they mightn't be shipped until tomorrow (even if you live on the other side of the world), and really they have no excuse for this because we know the physical copies existed a good few weeks ago.

I am one of the member who said that is my theory. This is ridiculous, isn't it?
    Completely agree. International orders can take weeks to arrive, they've had those copies for a few weeks so they were able to ship them, but didn't, so now they wont make it anywhere close to release day for some customers.

They want to get fans to pre-order, but then expect them to wait up to two weeks after release date to legally obtain their copy? Meanwhile a passive Goldfrapp fan can just buy it in the shop day of and have it way before the fan who pre-ordered - where is the logic?

And if it is this way, which is not the way most pre-orders are handled nowadays, at least let people know before they pre-order it? This is the first I'm hearing of it.

I know its a bit of a first world problem, but all I'm saying is it looks bad for Music Glue.
  • Im in the US, and tracking says my CD will arrive on 4/1. I'm really hoping Music Glue gives us the digital download tomorrow for the rest of the album like they did for A. MIYM. & O. 
  • Just got dispatch e-mail from MusicGlue - let's hope they won't fuck up the CD delivery like they did the tickets.

Also:

For delivery to the UK: please allow up to 7 business days for your order to arrive.

7! Should have ordered from Amazon!
    Formerly known as alex_t.

• Post edited by whispered at 2017-03-30 10:47:47
  • Just got the email. Could be up to 28 business days if you live outside Europe (thank god I don't)! That means it might not arrive until May 9th.

Do they not realise this destroys the whole incentive for pre-ordering? So its release day tomorrow and I'll still be waiting (what could be weeks) to get my copy. Will definitely think twice about pre-ordering from Music Glue again, best just to just buy it in your local record store on the day of release.
  • Got my email too, so which will arrive first i wonder? The vinyl from HMV or the CD from the official store? :!!

Loving the album, only song I'm not sure on so far is Become The One, but it'll probably grow on me. Hoping some of these lovely slow dreamy tracks will make their way into the setlist going forward, and maybe bring some of the old dreamy ones back. Would love to finally hear Time Out live, or bring back the lovely extended Hairy Trees, they would go so well with this album.
  • Become The One is a real grower @rewak. But everyone has his/her own taste/favos .. what works for one doesn't work for others ;).
  • It's my favorite so far! How it wasn't the first single is beyond me. It's HUGE and the perfect marriage of everything I love about Goldfrapp.

(P.S. Delete my thread for the song. I didn't realize we stopped doing that lol.)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • it's the album that Head First wished it could have been 
  • stevil said:it's the album that Head First wished it could have been 

What a pointless comparison. Both albums aim at
    completely different aesthetics and sounds.
    Post edited by Glitterizer at 2017-03-30 13:03:27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!