Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Roundhouse gig - March 27th
  • 223 Comments sorted by
  • Such an extra-special show (even though I prefered the red pvc :) ). All the band on tip-top form and Alison rejuvinated, even more energetic and chatty than at Glasgow. And the lighting was better with striking backdrops.
    Just a pity that having reached peak level there aren't more gigs for a while - hoping for an autumn tour announcement soon.

Hope you are feeling better today Peter? Great to see you last night. Hopefully will see you at Somerset House. Shame we didn't see you in the pub.
    Music Junkie
  • Thanks Pete to you and others who helped me back on my feet and enjoy this fantastic gig! My doctor friend says I wasn't drinking enough (water that is :)

• Well, I don't normally pay attention to critics, but it is nice when they recognise that GF are something special. Thanks for that review, NovaLasing
  • Glad you are feeling better matey.
  • And thanks for posting the transcript, annoying that they wanted payment to read even with me being in the uk

My view from waaaay at the back, bloody tube delays! Mind you it gave me a nice view of all the new visuals, i wonder if Alison made them?
  • rewak said:

My view from waaaay at the back, bloody tube delays! Mind you it gave me a nice view of all the new visuals, i wonder if Alison made them?

WOW... A totally different perspective from further back! The screens look fab!
    Music Junkie
  • According to herself in a recent interview she is 51 now :).
    (not that it matters.. but just for the record).
  • Not 51 till May. She was born in 1966 but .i suppose she is closer to 51 than 50. Just a collection of numbers after her name people.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Here is a link to the photo album on Flickr of photos I took on the night.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/arborial-arts/albums/72157679490801862

Also, 4 videos were shot as well. Anymore, Ocean, Systemagic and Shiny & Warm. Go to YouTube and look for Lisa Rippon's channel, where you will also find Ocean that was shot at Cambridge.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Here is a link to the photo album on Flickr of photos I took on the night.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/arborial-arts/albums/72157679490801862

Also, 4 videos were shot as well. Anymore, Ocean, Systemagic and Shiny & Warm. Go to YouTube and look for Lisa Rippon's channel, where you will also find Ocean that was shot at Cambridge.

WOW! Amazing photos & videos!!!
    Post edited by Jonyc at 2017-03-28 19:10:46
  • Great pictures, UT! :-) 

I heard Dreeke/Andre had chatted to Angie but I didn't realise it had been caught on camera!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-03-28 19:22:10
  • Here is one that I took in the pub ("Joe's") after the gig. Most of these folk don't regularly post on the forum these days, but some of you may recognise a few faces...image
  • U_T - your pics are fabulous.  Love the new background visuals, too.  
  • Noticed she's actually got the markings on her eyes this time, or have I been missing them?  Great photos UT :) 

When did Alison get her nashers so perfect, was it around the HF era?
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!