Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Glasgow gig 24th March
  • 149 Comments sorted by
  • Slippage said:

Odd how the audio from the show seems to be devoid of bass or depth in some areas, such as Ocean, Anymore and even bits of Systemagic, but is sublime and thumping during what I consider the best performance of Slide In ever. The songs kind of lacked that kick and "oomph" to them that they usually have when performed live. I think it's attributed to Alison's mic's audio being boosted above everything else in the show save for the backing vocals. The mix just felt really dishevelled and unpolished in my opinion.

I agree. Some of the songs are a lot flatter than they were at Oxford. Moon in Your mouth still my favourite but not as good on the iPlayer version. The driving rhythm of Everything Is Never Enough comes close (my second favourite)
    Post edited by pauln at 2017-03-26 15:07:58
  • They played Shiny and Warm? I don't remember it being played? :O
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Shiny & Warm was played at Cambridge but not Glasgow.

• UR right Alex. On some sites, it adds Shiny and Warm at the end between Black Cherry and Ooh La La but the Red Button coverage does not include it so I think we can agree they did not play it. The list React010 posted did not include it, but did say the gig was 88 minutes, where the Red Button coverage is 82 minutes.
    Conspiracy !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Glitterizer- I was listening to Ron & Maconie radio show on BBC radio 6 which you can listen to online. Alison & Will were on, and Alison spoke about some guy asking her for a refund!! She sounded ok actually not pissed off as I would expect.

Alison should have locked the guy in a cupboard. Lol.

Oh, it was actually just a bit of fun/banter :-) Here is the clip: https://twitter.com/VonRaven1852/status/845045700564013056/video/1

And... the Glasgow show is grabbable from iPlayer... weighs in at 1.4GB (vid is 1280x720). I used a utility called get_iplayer.
  • Re the sound, from what I heard the balance was better than most gigs. I liked the fact that the bass was not overwhelming and the vocals very clear.

The lighting though takes some getting used to - it's obviously meant to resemble moonlight but is soo dim (apart from the strobes:-) )
  • The whole gig from the announcement to the end-credits was 88 minutes indeed, but i had to trim it down (because of the 2GB limit of the DL-service) .. so it ended up without the announcement + end credits.
    Its the whole show though, and 'Shiny & Warm' wasn't played.
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-03-26 17:44:18
  • That's that settled then. It's on Setlist.fm as being played ( not by me I would add) so I'm off to edit it out.
  • And, it's gone. 16 songs total, less than the other three gigs earlier in the week.
  • But it was such a treat to watch - I thought we'd be lucky to get 40 minutes. And the band are really gig-fit now, with Alison confident and moving a lot more. Can't wait till tomorrow :)
  • I like that. BBC 6 Music festival? Just a warm up for the real event !
    See you tomorrow.
  • Seems like they are repeating Goldfrapp nonstop on the red-button now... lovely ! ;).
  • In Murray Lachlan Young's poem this morning on the 6 Music festival, he included a line which said:
    Goldfrapp, Scarlet Synth Squelch Magnificence !
    I think Alison would take that.
  • And... the Glasgow show is grabbable from iPlayer... weighs in at 1.4GB (vid is 1280x720). I used a utility called get_iplayer.

I might have a go at downloading the iplayer version- what's the quality like? I'll try to upload that one too if I can get it to work 
    Post edited by ricX at 2017-03-27 06:13:02
  • ricX said:

And... the Glasgow show is grabbable from iPlayer... weighs in at 1.4GB (vid is 1280x720). I used a utility called get_iplayer.

I might have a go at downloading the iplayer version- what's the quality like? I'll try to upload that one too if I can get it to work 

The video is good. The audio is only 92kbps. The radio broadcast will be much better audio quality... if anyone could be inclined to combine the 2 :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!