Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Glasgow gig 24th March
  • 149 Comments sorted by
  • Is this on BBC IPlayer at all?

Here it is Iplayer
  • Got the misfortune to get stuck inbetween a bunch of drunk teenagers who were alternating between whistling in inappropriate places and loudly talking over the songs. Got into a fight with a drunk trying to push me back. Fun times :D

Luckily the band was top notch, as always. And even BBC cameras hiding them won't change that >:)
    Post edited by alex_f at 2017-03-25 07:52:48
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • I can't believe the cheek of the guy who asked Alison for a refund? I love her response of 'give it a bit longer and see what you think'

If that had been me it would have been "Go on now go! Get out the door!' Your not a Goldfrapp fan. Your not welcome anymore!

Don't get why people have to talk over songs though. It's not on when you have paid for a show.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-03-25 07:59:02
  • I was watching the video, why did Ocean's chorus sound so muted? It was like half of the weight was missing :(

The Slide In performance was really fucking good and refreshing!

Everything Is Never Enough sounds grand and anthemic. Love it.
    Post edited by Glitterizer at 2017-03-25 08:11:51
  • I can't believe the cheek of the guy who asked Alison for a refund? 

What part was that? Oh my God.
  • I was watching the video, why did Ocean's chorus sound so muted? It was like half of the weight was missing :(

The Slide In performance was really fucking good and refreshing!

I thought the same for Ocean just now (catching up).  Systemagic :-) Faaaaaab!
  • X

Post edited by Lady_Stoneheart at 2017-03-25 08:22:38
  • Is this on BBC IPlayer at all?

Goldfrapp at The 6 Music Festival

nuwebb posted it just above.
  • oops. the last few comments didn't load on my phone.

• and it looks like @whispered posted it first.
  • The money back comment was at the Sheffield gig.
    Interesting, we have a tendency to think everyone at a Frapp gig is a red hot fan and either on the forum or Face Mither. I don't think they are. I think we only make up 10 to 15% with the rest just interested punters or people with some previous history of seeing Frapp, but not the obsessed munchkins like we are. That's why they go out several times through the gig for a piss or a pint.
    I've never left the gig area while the gig is on at any concert I have attended. I have developed a bladder with a really good washer and the booze can wait. It's disrespectful to the band !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-25 08:30:18
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Glitterizer- I was listening to Ron & Maconie radio show on BBC radio 6 which you can listen to online. Alison & Will were on, and Alison spoke about some guy asking her for a refund!! She sounded ok actually not pissed off as I would expect.

Alison should have locked the guy in a cupboard. Lol.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-03-25 09:06:41
  • Odd how the audio from the show seems to be devoid of bass or depth in some areas, such as Ocean, Anymore and even bits of Systemagic, but is sublime and thumping during what I consider the best performance of Slide In ever. The songs kind of lacked that kick and "oomph" to them that they usually have when performed live. I think it's attributed to Alison's mic's audio being boosted above everything else in the show save for the backing vocals. The mix just felt really dishevelled and unpolished in my opinion.

Also, whoever filmed and/or chose which angles to cover and what to cut to at certain times needs a firm slap across the face and a one-way ticket back to school. Stupidest filming I have ever seen, and that's saying something being BBC. That position behind Alison pointed right into the lights and the one nearly going up Angie's nose... and then cutting every time Alison has a soaring vocal or mind-blowing moment just to show blurred out pan-shots of the keyboards? I mean, what the actual fuck, people? 

Argh. Sorry. These guys just deserve so much better by now. 
    I might sound like I'm whining incessantly, but I really did love this show. It was just so well executed by the band that BBC's crap decisions overshadowed it all at times.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-26 13:26:00
  • And, we're back.
    It seems as though Shiny and Warm has been cut from the Red Button rep,ATS, which is odd. 82 minutes instead of the 88 of the live broadcast.
    Odd ?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!