Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

The first rule of SoulSeek is...

Never talk about SoulSeek.  Same rule as Punk Torrents !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sun is obviously up towards the West Coast !
  • Systemagic is glorious, can see that being a single! Tigerman gives off Seventh Tree vibes, wonder if it was inspired by Cat People?
  • Keep being pleasantly surprised by these songs as they change throughout, pure gems.  Glad the 1 min clips didn't spoil much :P

This is the first new album i've listened to in a long time where i've thought it could be a favourite, it's a nice feeling of the unknown.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-03-24 15:19:56
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Heard 5 out of 10 full tracks now .. and i love m all to bits !.
    Btw: apparently Goldfrapp are on at 10.20 tonight but the red button is'nt working at the moment (died halfway during the first Future Islands song)
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-03-24 15:26:28
  • Is the lead from Future Islands doing his funky dances?  That's the real question.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • ^Yep. Not seen them before, but interestingly, he appears to sing and dance in Romanian.
  • After listening to the songs that have leaked I can't help but look at this album as Goldfrapp doing Goldfrapp, or moreover, another band trying to do "Goldfrapp"... something about this feels almost twice removed? Does that even make sense? For instance, this song (production value etc) can easily be off of Silver Eye lol... 
  • What, his annoying 'is he trying to have a dance or is he fitting' swoop around the stage? He was until the Red Button went tits up!
  • I keep thinking of Dusty Springfield when I hear Tigerman for some reason

• Pawlusss said:

I keep thinking of Dusty Springfield when I hear Tigerman for some reason

awww ....interesting. 
  • @Jo_ey @kaleb20

If you like set lists, setlist.fm is the place to go.  Hundreds of thousands of them.

I'm familiar. I just wanted to collect them in one place that's more visually appealing. ;)
  • Jo_ey said:

@Jo_ey @kaleb20

If you like set lists, setlist.fm is the place to go.  Hundreds of thousands of them.

I'm familiar. I just wanted to collect them in one place that's more visually appealing. ;)

Agree. I'm mainly interested on Setlist of the artistes I like but you see some bands have played over 5,000 gigs. Wow !
    The Goldfrapp list of gigs is a good read. I wonder if it is comprehensive? I did check it out with the info on Goldfrappmania a few years ago and it seemed to have all that were listed on there.
  • Become the One. Anyone else hear Pale Green Ghosts with a bit of Sparky's Magic piano thrown in?
    'Sit down on my stool. Put your fingers on my keys'

Sorry!
  • It's like the good old days of album releases. We're actually having to wait until the day of release to get it. Lol. Which is great as the excitement is building. But my patience is being tested lol.
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!