Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cambridge gig - March 21st
  • 78 Comments sorted by
  • Highlight of the day was this though. Turned up at the venue early afternoon to see if we could get our tix. We couldn't, but look who we found outside sitting in the sun...
    Left to right, Seb, Mr G, UT, Mrs UT.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Highlight of the day was this though. Turned up at the venue early afternoon to see if we could get our tix. We couldn't, but look who we found outside sitting in the sun...
    Left to right, Seb, Mr G, UT, Mrs UT.

Looks like a scene from Last of the Summer Wine ;)
    Post edited by Lady_Stoneheart at 2017-03-21 20:28:24
  • That's so amazing that you got to just sit with him and chat! To think he's so low-key and willing to just mingle with fans without hiding behind security is awesome. Debbie Harry was much the same when I tried to meet her, but security were too paranoid to allow for it (though she did pitch me a signed vinyl and guitar pick). Seems like a fascinating fellow to get to know — I really enjoyed hearing him and Alison prodding each other with snarky jokes on BBC 6Music when spinning some tunes a couple weeks ago. Makes me feel like the band and I would get along like a house on fire if we sat with tea and quirky tunes... *sighs and drifts into daydreaming again*

You should get this framed or something, if only for the body language and expression exhibited by Will, lol.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-21 20:33:44
  • A great gig once we got our tickets - that turned out alright in the end. Venue was nice and intimate with good sound though lighting was a bit strange. Alison was on top form even though she was clearly nervous which led to a couple of lines being fluffed. Gorgeous red outfit. Set list was the same as Oxford except for gaining Shiny & Warm and losing (I think) Moan in Mouth. And no sign yet of Faux Suede Drifter, Zodiac Black & Beast That Never Was - pity because the snippets of those sound so good. Hope they will appear at the Roundhouse.
  • Bloody funny gig !
  • I have never been in a gig that was so dark !  No lighting from the front ( limited to a faint bit if orange spot at times, but heavy bright lighting from behind, put Alison into almost constant silhouette, making taking pictures almost impossible.  Will try to post a few later but I was disappointed what I was seeing in the previews. I did film Ocean, but I think sections of this will be black as the lighting was that poor. I began to wonder if it was deliberate so we could not photograph her.
    At one point, when Angie had her mobile keyboard in use, she had to turn and bend down towards a light behind her to see what she was doing ! So great though to see her and Hazel each with one of these at either side of the stage !
  • I understand there is a caption competition on that photo on the Facebook page.  Mine is 
    Will :  'who the fuck are you?'

It was one of those serendipity moments.  We pitched up early to try to get our tickets and there he and Seb were, sitting on a bench.  He told me a story that when he does Will Gregory's Moog Orchestra, people at the end ask him to stand aside so they can photograph the synth's !

He was a gent, as was Seb, and Will was again after the gig.  He said they want to know what we think about the warm up gigs so they can take these impressions on board.

'The gig was too bloody dark'.  Told him so after the gig and, at first, he thought I meant the content, which is darker than before.

Sinister Frapp !
  • Ocean from the Cambridge gig.  You can see just how dark the gig was.  The camera struggled to hold focus and, at times, the screen is black !
    Enjoy!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-22 09:25:39
  • Best photo of Alison's face I got but its piss poor thanks to the aggressive lighting !

• Will try to process more later

• These are great pics UT!  Mine were pretty rubbish from Oxford :(
  • These are great pics UT!  Mine were pretty rubbish from Oxford :(

Trust me, where as I would hope to get 30 good pics, I think I will struggle to get more than 1/2 dozen.
    Really, really dark and the back lighting just made it next to impossible to expose correctly, especially as the lights were pulsing, so as you got the shot right in the view finder and clicked ( yes, I said view finder !) the exposure changed and it either was dramatically under or over exposed.
    Alison obviously does not like to have a spotlight on her !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!