Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Oxford gig - March 20th
  • 139 Comments sorted by
  • One of their best setlists in years. Any other video links? Dying to hear the new tracks.
  • That's all I can see so far
  • I wish they'd substitute You Never Know for Beautiful... Would be so epic live
  • A very powerful snippet of either Everything is Never Enough or Become the One:

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-20 18:27:09
  • Jo_ey said:

I wish they'd substitute You Never Know for Beautiful... Would be so epic live

Love Beautiful too.
  • I've seen both live and call tell you Dreaming is better :P
  • ^ That's why I said substitute YNK, not Dreaming
  • A bit of Anymore (with Alison headbanging, always a treat). Notice the glam-rock guitar backing similar to what they do to live versions of Strict Machine. Sounds different to me from the studio recording:

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-20 18:30:33
  • So exciting! Sounds great, love Alison's look too.. thanks for the footage everyone
  • Jo_ey said:

^ That's why I said substitute YNK, not Dreaming

I'm very tired ~O)
  • New songs are so good :D
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • The ticket fuck-up was that eTickets from MusicGlue didn't scan for some people (myself included) - and those people were sent to the ticket office....
  • And the priority dickheads who undeservedly got to the front were the chatty kind X(
  • That priority shit needs to stop. Why can't we all just pay the same price for the same types of tickets, and at the same time? No presales, priority things and other crap. Just put the tix on sale from ONE source, and people buy them. No stress. 

It makes going to gigs an absolute pain sometimes. The crap we put up with when seeing Madonna on the Rebel Heart tour was ludicrous to say the least. Whole experience was soured by queens catfighting all around us over "VIP" garbage and premium access, etc. and staffers responsible for tickets herding us around disrespectfully like cattle to the slaughter, each of us paying differently as if we were a different grade of Madonna-worthy beef. Maybe that's why I prefer festivals - there's less of that priority crap. Had none of that trouble running to the stage and ending up being front row for Bjork. For $50. The next day, paid the same price and Debbie Harry spat on me, gave me a guitar pick and stuck her tongue out at me. No drama or things to worry about.

Ranting aside, though! Not sure why Frapp gigs draw chatty jerks (why see a show if you're going to just talk through it?). Guess it's the electronica genre the band is seemingly chained to by the media, despite the fact that they really don't fit into a specific genre. Draws in that irksome kind of blend of hipster that just doesn't shut up. 

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-20 19:24:57
  • Slippage said:

That priority shit needs to stop. Why can't we all just pay the same price for the same types of tickets, and at the same time? No presales, priority things and other crap. Just put the tix on sale, and people buy them. No stress. 

It makes going to gigs an absolute pain sometimes. The crap we put up with when seeing Madonna on the Rebel Heart tour was ludicrous to say the least. Whole experience was soured by queens catfighting all around us over "VIP" garbage and premium access, etc. and staffers responsible for tickets herding us around disrespectfully like cattle to the slaughter, each of us paying differently as if we were a different grade of Madonna-worthy beef. Maybe that's why I prefer festivals - there's less of that priority crap. Had none of that trouble running to the stage and ending up being front row for Bjork. For $50.

Ranting aside, though! Not sure why Frapp gigs draw chatty jerks (why see a show if you're going to just talk through it?). Guess it's the electronica genre the band is seemingly chained to by the media, despite the fact that they really don't fit into a specific genre.

the 02 priority tickets don't cost any extra - they are a benefit for 02 customers at 02 sponsored venues.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!