Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • thanks Urban_Tribesman.
    I'm used to the Goldfrapp message board ducking and diving and being killed off but getting on this time was a mare.

• Hi whispered
    :-h
    I'm used to the Goldfrapp message board ducking and diving and being killed off but getting on this time was a mare.

As @Whickwithy would say, you have traversed the first circle of Hell. More challenges to come.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

As @Whickwithy would say, you have traversed the first circle of Hell. More challenges to come.

Good Grief. Is the album invite only ???
    :-O
  • No, but posting anything here aside from pithy comments is a challenge depending on the platform you are using.
    Posting vids from YouTube and also photos is a black art. If in doubt, suggest you ask the collective.

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • ^Ah, one of my good friend Chris Snow's alumni
  • Good luck with quotes, Stoneheart.  Easier just to copy and paste.

If WW, by quotes you mean like this, I've never had a problem. Just click the 'quote' tab between the date and 'flag' at the top of s comment and type in the bottom of the box that appears at the bottom of the thread page.
  • I am very picky, UT, in that I don't usually quote the whole text.  There is usually a particular sentence or phrase that I am referring to, so I "attempt" to edit it.  It usually gets snarled.  The most usual occurrence is that the non-quote text becomes blue.
  • Yeah, I've had that. I've actually opened another quote box at times and lifted the code that puts text in the blue box and pasted that into the new 'quote' I am trying to do. Quirky, but I am nothing if not tenacious!
  • I am very picky, UT

• Trouble is, you cannot post the code without it embedding like above. I will try to describe the text that puts any words in that blue box.

You have to start with a back arrowblockquote rel="Whickwithy"forward arrow

• All except where I have typed back or forward arrows are typed as above, the arrows are < & >

You then close the blue quote box with back arrow/block quoteForward arrow at the end of the wording you want in the box. With no gap between the wording you want in the box and that bit between the arrows above.
    Experiment!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-02-26 06:18:31

I can live with a cack message board. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!