Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye tour - first hints
  • Just the first indications of this in the interview with Alison this morning. After the mini-tour this Spring, they will be playing "lots" of festivals over the summer, followed by a tour of "England and Europe" in the autumn.

First festival appears to be the Bluedot Festival 7-9th July, Jodrell Bank, Cheshire, UK here
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-02-22 14:17:00
  • 15 Comments sorted by
  • Hope they play Glastonbury :)
    Music Junkie
  • Ultrauk said:

Hope they play Glastonbury :)

I reckon they will......
  • Was this a radio interview?  No news of a N. American tour, I take it.  

• Was this a radio interview?  No news of a N. American tour, I take it.  

Yes - the Lauren Laverne interview on 6 Music this morning. UK people can hear it on iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08f4jqd#play

And no, no mention of further North American, South American, Australasian, Asian or African dates
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-02-21 12:23:09
  • So New York and perhaps L.A.

Canada misses out yet again. Yay.

I know she wants to come here again, so hopefully they actually bring the tour over. They have seriously not been here since the Seventh Tree tour - almost an entire decade. It's utter hell. 

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-27 17:10:05
  • Will they ever give Ireland some love?

• Low said:

Will they ever give Ireland some love?

Or Wales :( ?

• whispered said: Low said:Will they ever give Ireland some love?

Or Wales :( ?

Yes! They have plenty of fans for at least one date. Come on guys, I know we're not that big, but we have
    cities.

• As disappointing as it is to be an American fan these days, I have to say it's really surprising that they're, apparently, not booking gigs just a little further north in Wales and Ireland.  Do they play Scotland at least? 
  • ^ they're playing Glasgow 24 March 6 Music Festival.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • HorseTearz said:As disappointing as it is to be an American fan these days, I have to say it's really surprising that they're, apparently, not booking gigs just a little further north in Wales and Ireland.  Do they play Scotland at least? 

Scotland does seem to get a few dates in thankfully. Checking Setlist.fm, the last full concert they played in Ireland was back in November...
    2010. The rest is all small festival slots.
    By the looks of things poor Wales doesn't get a look in at all.
    Post edited by Low at 2017-02-22 04:41:05

• "I wanna see you jumping Scotland, pleaaaase!..."  B-)

My other favourite artist is even worse for his dates compared to Alison & Will, who are actually very good in comparison, so to me this is luxury.  I must admit, they are cramming a fair few dates in all at once.  After Glasgow they must be going straight to New York?
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-02-22 05:08:23
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Bluedot Festival, Cheshire, 7-9th July - website

Lineup includes Hawkwind, Pixies, Alt-J, Orbital, lots of others
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-02-22 14:52:01
  • After Glasgy, the Roundhouse, then off to USA.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Praying for Glasto.

I'm also interested in Blue Dot.. never been before and it's not far from where I live. LOVE Jodrell Bank too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!