Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Tomorrow night, The Floyd Effect in Halstead, Essex.
    Mentioned them before.  They are a Pink Floyd tribute act and they are scarcely like the real thing in sound. Usually a great night out.  This will be the third time of seeing them.  Looking forward to some Floyd classics!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Home now from wonderful Ladyhawke in Reading. I absolutely adore Pip bless her. Great to hang round with my gig buddy Big Bird and good to bump into another Frapper thathurt L-)
  • Nice to c u two yesters. I need this tour to end from a purely selfish point. Im tired n snotty :-((
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-02-18 04:36:45
  • thathurt said:

Nice to c u two yesters. I need this tour to end from a purely selfish point. Im tired n snotty :-((

I think you have single handedly paid for Ladyhawke's UK tour. That's dedication
  • Great gig last night to see The Floyd Effect in Halstead, Essex. The Empire is a 240 seat cinema/theatre and it was sold out. They played for the best part of 3 hours, with a 20 minute break, including Echoes, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun and, a personal favourite, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, as well as others from Animals, The Wall and A Momentary Lapse of Reason before the 2nd half which was the whole of Dark Side of the Moon.
    They are incredibly accomplished in their reproduction of these songs, so if you are a Floyd fan, get to see them as they gig nearly every weekend up and down the country.
    http://www.thefloydeffect.com/gigs.html

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-02-19 08:13:04
  • Next week if Im less snotty I should go and see The Dears (been a long time) and Avec Sans (been 3 months
  • thathurt said:

Nice to c u two yesters. I need this tour to end from a purely selfish point. Im tired n snotty :-((

I think you have single handedly paid for Ladyhawke's UK tour. That's dedication

She can finally wash that yellow tshirt and jeans shes been wearing for 2 weeks lol. The jeans look like they need it.

She has nice knees. Um.
  • What, no-ones been to a gig since late February ( Frapp aside) ?
    Tonight, we are off to see K T Tunstall at the Barbican Hall London. She asked fans to send a challenge for each gig of a cover she can play. I've suggested Lovely Head!
    Should be fun!
  • Ha. I'm still alive. I've been to see Nadine Shah (excellent), Haley Bonar (now just Haley), Amber Arcades (shoegazy, now getting airplay on 6 music so who knows), Sol Flare (I need them to hurry up and release something) and my usual Avec Sans many times (for they have still not taken out the legal papers against me ;o).
    I've got Saint Etienne this week n next if the ticket agent wasnt a twat. Hopefully still see them. New album time. And Helen "Ladytron" Marnie (just Marnie but that sounds like a dog).
  • This coming weekend, Saturday, Their Mortal Remains, the Pink Floyd exhibition at the VA and then Sunday at Bush Hall is the Mari Wilson 35 year anniversary concert. Special guest is Marc Almond. I'm hoping for a rendition of Jacky!
  • I can't get into exhibitions about musicians unless they're actually dead.

I've never seen Marc. Enjoy.
  • Well, two of the original Floyd are dead if that helps. I went to the David Bowie Is exhibition, and the Rolling Stones one. Bowie's was better and rumours are that Their Mortal Renains is better than that. Time will tell
    I too am intrigued by the prospect of Marc. Not an artist I would have chosen to go and see but I do love Mari as she is such a sweet lady and she and him are buds so it will be interesting. The gig also has Emily Capaldi who is a bright and upcoming young thing.
  • Well, the Frapp in Berlin on Sunday, quickly followed by Prague the following day.
    The adventure continues!
  • Just returned from a performance by Dark Horse Consort, who played Renaissance Christmas music in various combinations of cornetto, sackbut, and organ. Lovely stuff!

Post edited by iuventus at 2017-12-04 00:27:37
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Tonight at the Greenwich O2, Queen and Adam Lambert.
    Last time I saw Queen was the 9th August 1986 at Knebworth. Freddie Mercury's last gig. Not quite as long as Black Sabbath earlier in the year (1978 - 2017) but pretty long!
    Last gig of the year but we do have the Prince exhibition, also at the O2 on Sunday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!