Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 245 Comments sorted by
  • Egad! Tea in bags?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • They do it in bags but they also do it loose, which is how we have it.
    We visited Sri Lanka about 20 years ago and went to a tea plantation which was one of the places in the world this tea is grown. It is a black tea and they just use the top 2 leaves and the bud of the tea bush in this blend, hence the term 'tips' at the end. Originally, the blend was introduced in 1930 by Brooke Bond, and it was called Pre Gest Tee, as the suppliers thought it the ideal tea to drink prior to eating, aiding digestion; a sort of appetitive. The tea shops shortened it to PG Tee and then, after the war, Tips replaced Tee and it has been called that ever since.
    As a straight forward tea, it is very acceptable.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sri Lanka was a fascinating trip. The civil war was still going with the Tamils holed up in the North of the island and road blocks stopping you from accessing the very top 50 miles or so of the island. We did a tour over two weeks and it was full of old, faded colonial hotels, with waiters dressed in bright silks and turbans. The centre is very high compared to the coastal areas and it is much cooler there. This is where the tea is grown and where the Brits retired to in the hot Summer months in the colonial days.
    We were there just after Duran Duran shot the videos for their 2nd album on the island, such as Hungry Like the Wolf, which was shot around the Amangalla Hotel in Galle.
    Remember them?
  • Nice explanation UT! Now maybe you can explain English women to me. I thought I was sarcastic and blunt, but wow..this woman even outdoes me in that regard!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • But does she do it in the Queen's English PG? Are you familiar with the received tongue ?
  • Ignore that comment above PG ( tsk...). I'm afraid sarcasm is a trait I'm guilty of too, I link it to high IQ lol.
  • Oh yes indeed UT, one is quite familiar with the Queen's loquacious verbosity. She likes to use Shakespeare on me too. We recently went for a drink and when I ordered a second, she called me a lush..haha. I said, "How dare you, I am not a lush!" To which she replied, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." I agree, it is high IQ, but she can also be so blunt as to come off rude in my opinion. She does not give compliments easily. One fears one may be too sensitive for such disregard of one's feelings. (Haha)
    U R I E L
  • So that was a yes to the tongue then?

I consider myself a social chameleon. In the presence of the lardy dah, I can guffaw with the best of them, hold my pinky in the air when I drink tea from a cup and saucer, make comments with the Vicar over cucumber sandwiches and be generally refined. But underneath, there is another side, the one that is just as comfortable with the geezers up the pub, playing 'arrahs' and agreeing what a c**t that person is and how Nigel Farage has a face you would never tire of punching! Pompous little tosser!

'He' has not come out to play so often as I have got older. I understand the comment above about NF is not just me though!
  • Does your green eyed British vixen hide her light under a bushel?
  • She didn't hide it from me, if that's what you're saying.
    U R I E L
  • I really am going to have to break it off though. I asked her to go paddle boarding and she said, "with the amoebas and alligators? Are you crazy?"
    U R I E L
  • Well, she does have a point.

Speaking of points, at first by 'cuppa PG Tips,' I thought you were serving up your (PG's) nipples in some strange European fashion.
  • Oh yes, I can see how you got confused. Those are called PG Tits, which are consumed in a similar fashion. Served hot or cold, PG Tits has become a staple not only for it's superb taste, but also medicinal qualities. All in all, a delightful appetitive in it's own right and enjoyed by people around the world.
    (I believe there was even a commercial for PG Tits using a real chimp)
    U R I E L
  • I can't think of a single thing I could complain about today.

• Ponygurl said:

Oh yes, I can see how you got confused. Those are called PG Tits, which are consumed in a similar fashion. Served hot or cold, PG Tits has become a staple not only for it's superb taste, but also medicinal qualities. All in all, a delightful appetitive in it's own right and enjoyed by people around the world.
    (I believe there was even a commercial for PG Tits using a real chimp)

i laughed immoderately over this. Thank you, PG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!