Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • It says that for every track, just changes the number depending on where it comes on the album
  • rewak said:

It says that for every track, just changes the number depending on where it comes on the album

Just noticed... thanks
  • Systemagic is frekkin nice indeed ;-)
  • react010 said:

Systemagic is frekkin nice indeed ;-)

it's a stomper...same with Ocean
  • Is there actually a bonus track?  Couldn't see anything tracklisted even on those Jap sites.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • stevil said:

react010 said:

it's a stomper...same with Ocean

Ocean sounds like the track I've always wanted them to do. I really hope it gets a video, preferably of her in trailing fabric in a vertical wind tunnel a la Ghost In The Shell being illuminated by strobe lighting.

Yeah, I've probably thought about it too much. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-15 12:43:24
  • I saw that slowly deflate and collapse one night. Alision was chasing roadies all over the stage, kicking their arses to re-erect it or make it stiff again! Bet she's not done that since!

Were you at the Oakland show?  This happened there too!
  • By Oakland, I assume you mean down the road from San Francisco? Unfortunately, not. I think it was at either Brighton or more likely Hammersmith Apollo.
    I love San Francisco, but have yet to have the pleasure of seeing Goldfrapp there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Maybe the deflating robot asshole was just all part of the act then?!

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Any guesses on the next single from the clips? I haven't heard any of the clips yet (trying to hold out..) but I always like to look at the tracklist and imagine what the 2nd, 3rd singles will be.. I've heard a lot of speculation on certain tracks not sounding how their names would suggest, which intrigues further.
  • Systemagic.

I'm 100% certain, having heard it. They're trying to convey this album to the public as another upbeat romp, it seems. And that's smart — it'll generate more income and interest. They need to use this one. Without going into spoiler territory, the only tracks that are similar to one another are Anymore, Systemagic and Become The One.

Other picks that I think would certainly work as singles with videos:

Moon In Your Mouth
    Ocean (please, PLEASE let this be one of them)
    Become The One
    Faux Suede Drifter
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-16 11:04:55
  • Very excited about this new era, haven't passed here for a while... iPhone version of the forum is crappy as hell by the way.
    I love the album cover (except the fact that "Goldfrapp" doesn't appear ANYMORE).

Any way to listen to the clips ? Did somebody have recorded it ? I. Just. Can't. Wait. Thanx by advance !
    Post edited by Vesper at 2017-02-16 11:53:10

• Vesper said:

Any way to listen to the clips ? Did somebody have recorded it ? I. Just. Can't. Wait. Thanx by advance !

HJ has said people can PM him for the clips
  • Thank you.
  • Slippage said:

Systemagic.

I'm 100% certain, having heard it. They're trying to convey this album to the public as another upbeat romp, it seems. And that's smart — it'll generate more income and interest. They need to use this one. Without going into spoiler territory, the only tracks that are similar to one another are Anymore, Systemagic and Become The One.

Other picks that I think would certainly work as singles with videos:

Moon In Your Mouth
    Ocean (please, PLEASE let this be one of them)
    Become The One
    Faux Suede Drifter

Interesting! I'm really looking forward to hearing Systemagic and Ocean - two of my favourite titles so far. They never seem to let me down with final tracks on their albums. I'm going to try and hold off hearing the clips.. which I'm so far finding difficult. 31st March seems so far away  :|

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!