Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I admittedly didn't pay too much attention to the Tales of Us era, had only heard of Lee in passing and presumed it was a track which didn't make it onto the album and was forgotten about. Anyway, Lee is beautiful and I can see why it didn't make it on the album, it has hints of Felt Mountain running through it with a sprinkle of Gone to Earth, a delicate snowiness, cold with space. 
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • "Absolutely hate that rendition, the daft Yoko vocals ruin an otherwise sublime song."---Gaelen

it's called artists appreciating other artists' talents
    it's lovely and it echoes Cocteau Twin lending their track to Faye Wong (Wong Fei,
    王菲) for additional vocals added to Serpentskirt 1996 on the final studio album MILK & KISSES (FOR @IUVENTUS

Yoko huh? you really typed that?  wow

:bz
    Post edited by stevil at 2017-02-13 22:12:43
  • it's stunning 
  • :|
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • How does it happen that this is the first time I have ever heard this?

(OK, I probably know the answer)

Thank you, folklore x

• Lee and Alvar are my two favourite tracks from ToU, without a doubt.  The era is actually very bittersweet on retrospect, i'm only starting to appreciate it more now that we have a electronic album coming out.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I could poke fun at some of you for taking over 3 years to realise it exists, but it took me about a year and a half to realise the version of Road to Somewhere I had been listening to since I found Goldfrapp was actually an acoustic version... We all have our blind spots.

• Just had to listen to that again - gorgeous track. A bit like this......
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

Just had to listen to that again - gorgeous track. A bit like this......

yes
    yes
    YES 

this was amazing
  • Appy61 said:

Just had to listen to that again - gorgeous track. A bit like this......

Would fit in gorgeously with the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack, and I mean that with utmost respect. Sublime and otherworldly.
  • This one got me really puzzled the first time I heard it - could decide if Alison had turned Japanese! :-*
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Absolutely hate that rendition, the daft Yoko vocals ruin an otherwise sublime song.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • oh and re: "turning Japanese" @Appy61
    from wikipedia:
    Sa Dingding (simplified Chinesetraditional ChinesepinyinSà Dǐngdǐng, born Zhou Peng (周鹏), 27 December 1983[citation needed]) is a Chinese folk singer and songwriter. She is of mixed Han Chinese and Mongol ancestry, and sings in languages including Mandarin ChineseSanskritStandard Tibetan, as well an imaginary self-created language to evoke the emotions in her songs. She also plays traditional instruments such as the guzheng and morin khuur

can we please learn to google before making assumptions

*holding my tongue from further comment*

Post edited by stevil at 2017-02-13 22:12:07
  • Oh, Lawdy! Stevil has snapped. *hugs*

Post edited by iuventus at 2017-02-13 23:28:08
  • Oh! My! Goyim!

no.
  • How does that old saying go? "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these " ???

(Runs along the lines of "Milk, milk, lemonade" if I recall)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-13 23:48:33
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!