• 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Gaelen said:

I've forgotten what they sound like Low, do I count? :P 

You can be a born again Waitee  :P
    Joey said:

I am! :)

1 is better than none  :D

• I refuse to listen to the clips.
    I have this weird goal of experiencing new songs at the Roundhouse!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • I'd personally be quite underwhelmed if I waited till the live gigs, first of all because you're hearing new material for the first time live which means you're getting a different mix from the studio versions, and also you're not getting the chance to really take in each song because your brain is too busy wondering what the next bit is going to sound like.

Maybe that's just me.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

I'd personally be quite underwhelmed if I waited till the live gigs, first of all because you're hearing new material for the first time live which means you're getting a different mix from the studio versions, and also you're not getting the chance to really take in each song because your brain is too busy wondering what the next bit is going to sound like.

Maybe that's just me.

Nope, same with me. I listened to the live version of Melancholy Sky about 80 times when it was debuted; the studio version sounded wrong to me for about a month afterwards. 
    The only safe way is the full thing, on high quality, studio recorded, on vinyl. 
    :x

• Agreed.

You guys are going to want to hear this album in as high of quality as possible, believe me.
    It's got an extremely high level of polish and quality control. It isn't suffocated by synths, but rather is sonically designed in a way to maximize depth and atmosphere through simplicity. Very clean... when it wants to be. A couple nice grungy and dirty (Train)-esque tracks, but the album is closer to an extended version of Let It Take You than anything else. You'll see.

Also, I apologize for getting people's hopes up, but I've lost my download of the album clips (thanks to my digital OCD and constant need to keep my desktop clean). Nevertheless, I'm sure there are other members out there who have the clips!
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-13 15:20:54
  • Slippage said:

Agreed.

You guys are going to want to hear this album in as high of quality as possible, believe me.
    It's got an extremely high level of polish and quality control. It isn't suffocated by synths, but rather is sonically designed in a way to maximize depth and atmosphere through simplicity. Very clean... when it wants to be. A couple nice grungy and dirty (Train)-esque tracks, but the album is closer to an extended version of Let It Take You than anything else. You'll see.

YES this is apparent in the clips.  I couldn't believe the percussion on SYSTEMAGIC 
    Tight and Truncated as all Fuck...J'adore 

• Another thing i'll add is that I think they made the right choice for the single, especially if it's going to be a singular single and then the album.  I agree with the person who said Systemagic is single material, but only as a follow up and from what I can remember it wouldn't have been as good had it been our first impression of Silver Eye.  

For me personally, i'd love the next single to be Faux Suede Drifter, but then I enjoy my slow moving depths of heavenly chords and vocals.  It's the one song i'll be absolutely dying to hear up until the album drops!  On the contrary, Become The One is one i'm apprehensive about, as I couldn't get enough info on the 1:00 clip as to whether I like it or not, but I doubt i'll dislike any of the songs on this album TBH.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-02-13 17:11:48
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Still over 6 weeks to go  :|

• Yeah but anyone else notice? All the warm ups are before the start of British Summertime, the Roundhouse after. Lighter nights, a brand new world ( well, nearly).
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Constantly checking different sources for the Japanese bonus track... If it's just an instrumental or something I'm gonna be heavily disappointed (and will cancel my order to Amazon Japan).
  • Gaelen said:

Another thing i'll add is that I think they made the right choice for the single, especially if it's going to be a singular single and then the album.  I agree with the person who said Systemagic is single material, but only as a follow up and from what I can remember it wouldn't have been as good had it been our first impression of Silver Eye.  

For me personally, i'd love the next single to be Faux Suede Drifter, but then I enjoy my slow moving depths of heavenly chords and vocals.  It's the one song i'll be absolutely dying to hear up until the album drops!  On the contrary, Become The One is one i'm apprehensive about, as I couldn't get enough info on the 1:00 clip as to whether I like it or not, but I doubt i'll dislike any of the songs on this album TBH.

I agree with Systemagic being a single (was probably me who mentioned it a while back), and I feel it is the most radio-friendly of the tracks on the album and would do the best. That hook and chorus is awesome, akin to Rocket but in a good way (though, Rocket is fantastic in my opinion).

Although, the absolutely breathtaking Ocean is not far behind in terms of radio appeal. Stunning track.  
    :x
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-15 12:43:55
  • Sorry if this has already been said.. but I really wish this was the album cover - it's such a beautiful picture and matches what I envisage the style and sound of the album to be like.. Aesthetically pleasing and creative at the same time.. The current album artwork I just.. don't know. I wish it was for the 'Anymore' single (call me old fashioned but it bugs me we don't have single cover art)

• For me, the single releases should be as follows (based on the minute-long clips, of course).  
    This could change once I hear the full songs:

1.  Anymore
    2.  Systemagic
    3.  Faux Suede Drifter
    4.  Ocean 

Solid album.  Very Black Cherry-esque with some of the edges smoothed down.  I hope it's as spacious and sprawling as BC was.  For such an angular album, it had a sense of patience to it.

• I don't know.  What is so fine about Goldfrapp is the quality of their stage work.  It is as close to studio quality as I have ever heard.
  • For me, the single releases should be as follows (based on the minute-long clips, of course).  
    This could change once I hear the full songs:

1.  Anymore
    2.  Systemagic
    3.  Faux Suede Drifter
    4.  Ocean 

Solid album.  Very Black Cherry-esque with some of the edges smoothed down.  I hope it's as spacious and sprawling as BC was.  For such an angular album, it had a sense of patience to it.

Maybe you're right...

"English electronic duo Goldfrapp goes ahead promotion of their forthcoming seventh studio album Silver Eye with a new single called "Systemagic". Goldfrapp's new single Systemagic is confirmed to be as the second official taste taken from Silver Eye.
    The full length audio song is 3 minutes and 38 seconds long in duration
    and is available on March 31st as instant grat along the pre-order of
    the album on iTunes. The song will be released on 31st March on other
    digital stores & streaming websites under the music label of Mute Records."

https://textsens.com/lyrics/systemagic-from-silver-eye-2017

Post edited by kaleb20 at 2017-02-14 15:04:08

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!