Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Great interview. From what I heard of the snippets yesterday the album will be wonderful and dark. But given a stunning song, scenery and sci-fi theme, the video is a bit of an anticlimax tbh 
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-02-09 07:59:30
  • I'd have liked to have seen more of Alison in the video. But love the setting and outfits.

So is it TWO sets of twins? Blondies and baldies?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-02-09 09:57:39
  • I've just watched it again on a big screen.
    The 'Baldies' do not look like twins. Certainly not identical.
    2nd Goldfrapp video in which a hand has been clenched through sand. See Stranger.
    When the two Baldies dance in front of the cliff, and one puts her hand on the head of the other, that section of dance moves reminds we of the moves when Alison had the dancers dressed in Horses heads.
    The very end of the song as it begins to fade out. To me, it just feels like it wants to come back at that point into the beat and the synths and start off again.
    They have big moons in Fuerteventura!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I think it is the best video they've ever done bar none.
  • Visually gorgeous, especially the closing shot of the flaming red dress against the black volcanic rock.

The theme of fire and rock seems to be consistent since we got those "plutonic velvet" tags.

I disliked the TOU videos, and so this pleases me greatly. But the music is what really matters.
  • ...No mention of Lisa G is the credits either...

Well, I believe Lisa has been in LA on a 6-month+ job. She took the bleddy dog with her!
  • whispered said:

I disliked the TOU videos, and so this pleases me greatly. But the music is what really matters.

how?

• stevil said:

whispered said:

how?

Oh, I like more allusive, ambiguous stuff that allows me to make my own interpretations. The TOU vids were too straightforward. But that's just my taste.
  • Loving the song and video, just so damn happy to have new Goldfrapp to listen to. Really looking forward to seeing/hearing the new work live. Just waiting to hear of a US date at this point. VIVA FRAPP !!!
  • Of course, with some people, it's always about God !
    Apparantly, the picture with Alison with red hair where her face is obscured by foliage is a depiction of the burning bush ( her hair being the flames) and she's struggling with her faith yadda yadda.
    Bore yourself with this. If you get past the first minute, you are doing well.

• Quite why Aslan is in the pic, your guess is as good as mine!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-02-09 12:10:57
  • whispered said: I disliked the TOU videos 

How could anyone not like 'Drew' ?
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-02-09 14:26:37
  • I feel the same way re the ToU videos, I think Alison and Will felt the need to purge Head First so went super serious in the other direction.
  • Ok- I'll give you MY interpretation of the video- (granted, it is highly gay and biased)

- it's about turning women gay. You see, the one girl with shaved-head and nose piercing grabs the girl in orange from behind- she's the sexual aggressor. So now that the girl in orange has experienced it, SHE now wants to become the aggressor. The pierced-nose girl now covers her face thinking, "fuck, I've created a monster". Then we see the girl in orange grab our own beloved Alison from behind...and the energetic direction of passion continues- then Alison wants to.....be a freak. Not sure how the twins play in yet, besides being beautiful..have to watch again-

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!